Wedding Dress for the older bride

Hi Everyone

I will be getting married this year and need a little advice on older bride dresses, I'm 55 size 12/14 blonde long hair and have a young look so to speak and I have done the princess bride look when I was 21, just don't know what to wear, getting married in register office as well🙋🙋

• KittyFiennesKittyFiennes Posts: 975 New bride
    You can wear whatever makes you feel comfortable and whatever you feels suits the vibe/ setting of your day.
    I'm older too and we've going to Vegas. I'm going for something long and super-sparkly, more like a fitted evening gown.  
    The best way to figure out what you like is to make a few appointments to try dresses on. I know for me, I seriously felt like I was playing dress-up in anything too traditional - but that's just me! And those dresses don't suit a vow renewal in Vegas. There are loads of older brides on here that def did do the traditional dress, because they felt comfortable in the dress and it suited their day.  Go try a variety of dresses on and see how you feel.
  • Linda 1Linda 1 Posts: 5 New bride
    Thank you Kitty, I have this image in my mind of what I would like, but it's finding it. Was thinking of evening gown attire so I could wear it again for other events.