Looking for wedding dress shops

Hi Iam new all this and iam looking for some advice so if anyone can help that would be great. I know this must sound odd to some brides, black is my happy colour, but iam looking for a black wedding dress, but not a gothic dress, so iam looking for wedding dress shops in east Anglia and London that stock black wedding dresses, as I would prefer to go to a shop than online, So if anyone can help I would really appreciate it as I just don't know where to look.
Many thanks xxxx

• OwlOwl Posts: 5 New bride
    Hi, this is just an idea if you struggle to find anything black in the shops. Love the sound of something a bit different, by the way.

If you have an idea of the kind of dress you like, maybe something you’ve seen or tried on in traditional bridal colours, you could show pictures to a dressmaker and look at having it made.  I’m a dressmaker currently testing out whether I want to do it as a business with a lovely volunteer customer I found through this forum, by making a (free labour) dress based on her ideas and a picture of something she likes, with tweaks made to her preference.

I’m in Watford, but I visit relatives in Norwich so I happen to know that Anglian Fashion Fabrics on Magdalen Street in Norwich has really good fabric, and they do have some dressmakers they recommend. Obviously I don’t know who they are or anything, but it may be something to consider if you are in that part of East Anglia. Or I suppose you could google dressmakers near you.

Anyway, hope you get lucky. 
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 722 New bride
    What sort of style dress are you looking for? Have you tried shops that sell prom dresses or bridesmaid dresses? They are more likely to offer black dresses.

You may also wish to call around some wedding boutiques to see how much freedom there is with ordering dresses in different colours. Some suppliers may be willing to do it.

A more expensive route would be to check out designer dresses: some fashion designers have black wedding dresses in their collections already -  it's not that uncommon for brides to opt for black or other colours! Try googling articles such as the one on Hitched which might give you different ideas for black dresses and which designers might have them.

https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-planning/bridalwear-articles/black-wedding-dresses_1401.htm

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,760 New bride
    I'd either look at prom/bridesmaid dresses, or look at a site like Net-A-Porter at their designer evening dresses.
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,760 New bride
    Also, Maggie Sottero have black wedding dresses in their current range.
  • eb12080eb12080 Posts: 8 New bride
    Check out Alie Street - she has some beautiful designs under occasion wear that are super affordable - not 100 percent sure that she has black though - definitely navy 👍🏻