How would you accessorise this dress?

So I bought my dress at the weekend, it makes me very happy and excited when I think about wearing it. 

My wedding is in December this year, so I have plenty of time to worry about the extra ‘bits’, but I’d like to know what other people think would work and get some ideas. 

Would you go with a veil? What type? Would a fur wrap or other kind of jacket work? I think I’ll need something at least for after the ceremony (I’m staying at the venue so could brave the 20 steps to the ceremony room with nothing but afterwards might need something warm if we do make it outside for photos). I’m quite up for something different like a colour, a snuggly wool shawl or cardigan, or a big coat - I just don’t know what or where to look! 

Would you wear a necklace or leave the neckline bare? I might have some of the deep v filled so it’s not quite so booby (I have a big bust!). 

As I said the wedding is in December, in a barn that is part of an old pub so it’s not terribly formal.

The dress is this one ...,

• cs2thecoxcs2thecox Posts: 257 New bride
    One of my friends had a mid-winter wedding. She had an ivory, fur-trimmed hooded cape which was AWESOME! There are surprisingly few pics but I'll try and find something similar...

With that dress I'd be inclined not to add a veil, unless you try one and it just totally clicked. Mine needed one but I can't quite put my finger on why, or why I think that doesn't. Sparkles in your hair for sure!

I'm also getting a pearl and/or crystal earrings vibe. Studs or very small drop.
    You'd have to try with/without a necklace to see if that would add or detract. At the most, I'd go for a light pendant but I can never tell in advance if it would work or not.
    I'm just having a tiny diamond (from my great grandma's ring) in white gold with my similarly deep v dress. Like the Tiffany "diamonds by the yard" pendant but cheaper! I'll get pics on Wednesday and it'll make more sense...
  • cs2thecox said:

Thanks lovely! Oooh I’m looking forward to pics! 

Theres a slight sparkle to the dress where the appliqué details are that doesn’t really show in the pictures. I’m getting a ‘no veil’ feeling too, which is weird as after being fairly sure at first I didn’t want one I’m now sad about it 😂
    Best I can do on cape right now...
    (On the train!)

• Pretty! 
  • Firstly, beautiful dress! I think some form of fur shawl, cover up or cape would look lovely with it and add some warmth or possibly a short fur jacket. 

As for a necklace, I personally wouldn't bother unless you're going to have your hair down and wouldn't see earrings. Otherwise, I'm with cs2thecox and would go for some pearl or sparkly earrings, be it studs or drop. 

Not sure about veils. I always feel like they look nice on other people but I've felt silly when I've tried them on. Although, I'm coming round to the idea of having one now as both mum and I have commented that it just adds a little something. And as Randy from SYTTD New York says, "without a veil, you're just a pretty girl in a white dress"  :D 
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,454 New bride
    I can't remember the brides name, but she got married next to a loch just before Christmas and I think did a mini report... and had this fab poncho/cardigan/cape thing that just looked amazing but really understated on her. That would look fab!
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 426 New bride
    I am veil biased, I just love them, but I think if you kept it simple with a long, single tier plain veil it would be super beautiful! And then you could still see the beautiful detail of the back through it. Or there are the capes that come from the shoulders and give a similar effect, but I think whatever you choose will look beautiful coz the dress is knockout.
    I think sheer would be nice because the details are so pretty!
    edited 30 January
    cs2thecox said:

Thanks lovely! Oooh I’m looking forward to pics! 

Theres a slight sparkle to the dress where the appliqué details are that doesn’t really show in the pictures. I’m getting a ‘no veil’ feeling too, which is weird as after being fairly sure at first I didn’t want one I’m now sad about it 😂
    Turns out my jewellery is so subtle it barely shows! Just a tiny glint, but I'm happy with it. My hair is quite a lot compared to how I normally have it, and my eyes are intentionally extra, so I'm glad I don't have more bling to be honest. I kind of forgot about the hair and makeup thing when I was picking my jewellery, but glad I've gone subtle!
    (Modest boobs tho...)

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride
    I bought a fur shrug from House of Fraser in the sale but it didn't suit my dress as I went for sleeves but I love a bit of fur for a winter wedding.  Saying that I did not notice the cold at all on the day, only my toes in the car on the way because we stupidly went for an old car with no heating!  Photos were not a problem though.

I also wasn't feeling the veil so had mine altered into a cape that just had invisible press studs on the shoulders.  I'm so glad I did as I loved it and made a difference from night to day and more impact.

Try on as many options as possible and see what you love the most :smile:

• Thanks Mrs G, am dying to see your pictures! 

Cs2 you look lovely, I like the subtle necklace especially as it has its own significance x