Veil or not to Veil

Hi all, 

Just looking for some advice. I love cathedral veils do you think wearing one with this dress would be too much? If yes what would you recommend to wear instead. I have no clue lol.

Thank you xx

• MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 749 New bride
    Hi,

First off your dress is gorgeous! 😍 I think it would be a shame to cover all the detailling down the back with a cathedral train. I think a fingertip veil might look best. 

That said, the only way to know is by trying! Maybe order a couple of cheap veils online in different lengths and try them on with your dress? Xx
  • 5thJune20205thJune2020 Posts: 10 New bride
    Hi,

First off your dress is gorgeous! 😍 I think it would be a shame to cover all the detailling down the back with a cathedral train. I think a fingertip veil might look best. 

That said, the only way to know is by trying! Maybe order a couple of cheap veils online in different lengths and try them on with your dress? Xx
    Thank you so much. That's very true think I will order some and have a dress up day at home lol xxx
  • MrsB2020MrsB2020 Posts: 53 New bride
    First of all, great choice of wedding date!  ;)
    I think a cathedral veil would look great with the dress, and I’d go for one with a really sheer tulle so you can still see the beautiful detail at the back.
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,942 New bride
    Agree with above, a sheer 1 tier cathedral length would look fab!
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 828 New bride
    If you've already got your heart set on cathedral length, go with that! But I agree it should be quite sheer with perhaps only a little detail so that it doesn't hide the lovely train on the dress. Also, bear in mind you'll have to take it off for the reception, whereas a shorter one you could wear all day.
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    I think a sheer cathedral length veil would be absolutely stunning!
    Thanks everyone 😘 I have been looking at a Blossom & Bluebird plain Cathedral length veil & I'm sold going to order some samples soon xxx
  • jjward2019jjward2019 Posts: 130 New bride
    Amazing choice of dress! I too will be wearing this one 🥰 
    I tried every length of veil on in the shop and the only one that we felt really complimented the dress was a floor length one so I think cathedral will be perfect! Hope that helps x
    @jjward2019 ahhhh the dress is amazing I love it so much. When is your wedding day? Yes thank you I'm defo going for a cathedral one now 🙌🏾 xxx
  • jjward2019jjward2019 Posts: 130 New bride
    @5thJune2020 I know me too! Complete opposite of what I thought I would be in too. 14th September this year. Amazing promise you it looks 👌 xx
  • k8mrsw2bk8mrsw2b Posts: 6 New bride
    First of all I love your dress it was one of my final dress choices but I ended up ordering a very similar Stella York style. 
    I am in the same situation as I want a veil but don't want to hide the detail on the dress, so I am going to get a simple chapel or Cathedral veil for the ceremony (I'm getting married in a castle so think it will look lovely as I walk up the stairs) and pictures then take it out for the wedding breakfast, drinks reception and evening reception x 
  • Red_LHRed_LH Posts: 21 New bride
    I've gone with a similar style dress, then I had my veil made out of the lace on the dress which the ladies in the shop arranged for me.  The veil is also cathedral length and if you google "how to bustle a veil" youtube have loads of videos on how to shorten your veil in the evening with a hat pin so that you can still wear it without it getting on your nerves.