Plz help me decorate my shoes!

whaduuup been a while since I posted because pretty much everything has been sorted and it's just chugging along.

But I want to customise my shoes and need some ideas please!
These are my shoes:

These are the kind of shoes I would love if I could afford 

Basically cute/tacky 90s/00s stuff.

Ideas!?

• Oh thats a toughie! I think the easiest way to go about it is to leave the front feather bit alone, its gorgeous as it is. 
    You might find adding to the straps hard because it'll need to stay flexible without bits falling off, but there ae glues out there if you wanted to go that route. 

I think the back of the shoes is where you can really have some fun with it. You could glitter over the back and the heel, and add patches or something? I've seen some fab tutorials of glittering shoes using ModPodge to seal it as well so it doesnt flake off. 

You could also just adorn the backs and heels with things like beads or pearls, over the pink or over glitter? 

I'd love to see what you end up going with!
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 693 New bride
    Get yourself to Hobbycraft, buy a glue gun, and just hunt down loads of fabrics flowers, beads, etc. then go to town! You can get sticker and pearl diamantes which are easy to stick on. If you really like the unicorn idea, you could make one using fabric applique (felt would be fine), and then glue gun it onto the back of the shoe. You could even make rosettes out of fabric or pompoms out of wool. I would say avoid anything paper just in case it rains, but otherwise, I think it's best just to go to a craft shop and get ideas from what you see.

The sandals are more difficult, but you could still sew fabric flowers onto the laces or attached pompoms.

Also, never underestimate the power of those glitter hair sprays you used to be able to get from Claire's. My friends jazzed up some black flats I had for my hen party just by spraying them and they were so sparkly!
  • AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 829 New bride
    edited 20 March
    Amazing!
    Here are my initial thoughts and very very crude doodle.

• Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 486 New bride
    Your ideas look great! You could also paint with nail polish potentially? I haven't tried on shoes it but I've wondered about doing it before and used to do it all over my diaries at school with bright colours and glitter!
  • ohhh i love those designs! Theyre going to be so awesome! Definitely keep us in the loop of the DIY 
  • Samantha265Samantha265 Posts: 327 New bride
    I decorated my own shoes and I sewed stands of beads on attached from ankle strap down to section across toes. I did it at an angle across front of my foot, looked really awesome if I do say so myself