Wedding dress help! Big bust problems!

So I think I would love to walk down the aisle in a dress like the one pictured below, the only problem is that my chest is quite disproportional to the rest of my body. I am generally a UK size 8/10, but my bust is a UK 30GG, and not particularly perky, so I could never wear a neckline like this! Plus, I think I would feel uncomfortable showing so much skin with my whole family there! So, I was wondering if anybody would think of a way, be it a slip or body, or getting something sewn in, that I could wear this, without it looking stupid?

Help please!

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,942 New bride
    To be honest, those sorts of dresses only ever look good on fairly flat chested people. It's hard to make them look not 'trashy' on someone with big boobs, and if you start sewing modesty panels in you lose the point of the dress.
  • abbigeorgiaabbigeorgia Posts: 62 New bride
    MrsCToBee said:
    To be honest, those sorts of dresses only ever look good on fairly flat chested people. It's hard to make them look not 'trashy' on someone with big boobs, and if you start sewing modesty panels in you lose the point of the dress.
    I didn't know whether I could fill in the crochet around the neckline with something underneath, and get a couple of extra buttons added to make the neck slightly higher.
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,942 New bride
    I guess so..... Maybe put nude fabric under the crochet and then make it do up a bit higher.
  • MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 749 New bride
    There's a definitely a way round it whether it be getting a panel sewn in to cover your cleavage or nude fabric under the crochet and a few stitches to hold it higher up as @MrsCToBee said. But equally, I feel like modifying the dress would take away from the design and why you like it in the first place.
  • AliceJAliceJ Posts: 18 New bride
    I would try and find something to try on that's similar and see what it looks like and what the issues are (if any!). Take lots of photos. Then, if you do still love that style, you know what you're working with. It may be great the way it is!