Wobble about dress size
I got engaged in March, and for various reasons we have decided to get married this November. As that doesn't leave a huge amount of time, I prioritised dress shopping and found a beautiful Sottero & Midgley gown which I absolutely loved, so placed an order and paid 50% deposit.
At the point of ordering, my measurements spread across 3 consecutive dress sizes. Hips largest, -1 waist, -2 bust. I was (am) overweight and the wedding is the kick up the backside I need to get in shape. In an ideal world, I'd have had a headstart BEFORE ordering the dress, but as time was limited, I didn't. Frankly, I shouldn't be overweight in the first place, but I am, and now its a problem!
Anyway, I ordered the middle size, knowing that I lose weight easily, and also knowing that the shop can alter the dress by 2-3 sizes. However, in the 4 weeks since then, I've already lost a stone, and my hips are now at the size of the dress I ordered and bust will already need to be reduced by 2 sizes. I know I will lose more weight by November, and would really like to look in the best shape possible.
I called the shop to see whether they could change my order - the manager was fantastic and did everything she possibly could, but feedback from the designer was that the dress has already gone into production and they can't change it. The manager assured me her seamstress would do everything she can to make sure the dress fits properly, but I'm really worried that the dress, particularly the bust, is going to end up needing to be altered by 4-5 sizes and not look as it should.
So I guess my options are:-
- Don't lose any more weight (I really don't want to do this, as if I can, I want to, and start married life in a healthier position, particularly as babies are likely to be on the cards next year);
- Order the dress again in a smaller size. As the other dress is already in production, I very much doubt the store will reassign my deposit, and I imagine (quite rightly) I'll still be on the hook for the remaining balance, so I'd be paying twice, in the hope I could sell the bigger size at some point;
- Wait it out and see how big the dress is once it arrives, and see whether the seamstresses can work their magic.
Can anyone offer any words of wisdom, advice, or support? Has anyone been in this boat? Has anyone sold an un-altered / unused dress?
Apologies for rambling - I know there are bigger problems in this world, but I'm having a mini-freak about this!