Affordable bespoke / Made to measure suits for the groom - recommendations

Hi,

So I have finally got my other half to start thinking about his suit with the wedding 4 months away as he's been busy with his full time job and then took on one too many freelance projects meaning he's only just starting to free up.

Anyway he wants to get a suit made for him for the big day as he's lost a lot of weight in the last 18 months due to a gastric bypass. Has anyone got recommendations of where to go in the London or surrounding counties area? We don't want to spend £1000+ which i know they can easily come in at from looking I think he woudln't want to spend more than £600.

Thanks in advance! x

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,595 New bride
    I would suggest Field Bros in Leigh on Sea. My fiance is very tall & plus size but a funny shape (long body, short legs, big bum) and he buys all his suits there.  They have something for everyone.
  • Autumnbride19Autumnbride19 Posts: 39 New bride
    Hi @MrsCToBee,
    thanks for your recommendation, we would have gone to where you suggested but Leigh on Sea was just a bit too far for us.

We ended up going to a few places but ended up going to Zebel in London (they also have one in Exeter) and couldn't recommend them enough to anyone else who may stumble upon this thread looking for a bespoke suit. The guy took lots of time and advised on everything and at the end of it all didn't cost us an arm or a leg!

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,595 New bride
    Hi @MrsCToBee,
    thanks for your recommendation, we would have gone to where you suggested but Leigh on Sea was just a bit too far for us.

We ended up going to a few places but ended up going to Zebel in London (they also have one in Exeter) and couldn't recommend them enough to anyone else who may stumble upon this thread looking for a bespoke suit. The guy took lots of time and advised on everything and at the end of it all didn't cost us an arm or a leg!

Funnily enough we didn't end up using Field Bros in the end - they have massively reduced their range and were quite rude. We bought an off the peg suit and my seamstress (who is a Savile Row trained tailor) is altering it for us.