To belt or not to belt help please

hi there, well I am really struggling with whether I should use the belt I was persuaded to buy or not, I am self conscious as had baby 11 weeks ago so not back to my normal self yet but the dress fits so that’s a yay, I’m strugglinv with the belt and bridesmaids are divided, my partner wants me to be me which would normally mean defo no bling, I have a flat to my head tiara/hair and also a veil to me bum with drop on it and am worried the belt is just not me and too much, I just want to feel lovely and am really struggling now it’s only 53 days away - opinions or suggestions are very welcome - thank you 
kerry 

• Samantha265Samantha265 Posts: 360 New bride
    Do both. Wear it for evening reception, but not for ceremony. Or vice versa. Personally i like it with, but i love a bit of bling
  • MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 949 New bride
    I think it looks great with the belt, but if your not comfortable it looks just as lovely without. Only you can really decide which way you feel best but can I just say you look amazing especially as you've just had a baby!
  • Thank you for such speedy replies, I think I’m so worried everyone will look at my tummy it’s made me paranoid, love the suggestion of the evening do - I wouldn’t mind sparkling then - I’m so afraid of over doing it as normally I just blend in and this was not the dress I thought I wanted but then I put it on and felt well you know the feeling 🙈
  • Samantha265Samantha265 Posts: 360 New bride
    I don't think the belt would be overdoing it at all! 
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,028 New bride
    I don't think the belt is too much at all! I like the idea of adding it for the evening if you're not sure about wearing it in the day, its the best of both worlds then! The dress is really beautiful and you look fantastic! 
  • Thank you for the kind comments, I’m just feeling a tad insecure and really the only person I want to look my best for is my fab h2b - their is a part of me that wants to sparkle and shine and I cannot wait to dance and swoosh with him in my dress, I’m just far to worried about what people will think to this total change to me x
  • MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 949 New bride
    All people will see is how happy you are. I had lots of people telling me how beautiful my dress was, but far more telling me how happy and in love I looked all day and how that made me look more beautiful than any dress could. 
  • Hullass1972Hullass1972 Posts: 576 New bride
    Another vote for the belt here, I think it sets it off perfectly and your waist looks amazing with it on!
  • Abby40Abby40 Posts: 18 New bride
    I think the dress is beautiful with and without the belt, but the belt sets it off as others have said. I know how you feel as I'm having the same dilemma with my dress – my mum says my dress looks better with a belt, but I'm not a blingy person and don't feel like me when I'm wearing the belt. I also fell in love with my dress just as it was and felt that adding accessories turned it into a different dress entirely. I do think that you should do what makes you feel comfortable, as you'll look amazing either way!
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,753 New bride
    I personally prefer it without but I'm not very blingy either! I think it cuts you in half and interrupts the flow of the dress. You look stunning either way though 
  • Good evening and thanks so much for the comments, I’m still undecided as to belt especially as it wasn’t on the dress when I first tried it on and it’s actually the swoosh I feel in love with, I think the only way for me will be to put the whole Shabang on with the hoop to really give the dress it’s oomph and the veil and tiara and see what I feel then, Mrs c you explained how I am feeling about the belt far better than I, which has made me decide that really as it’s been said it’s how I feel in the dress that hopefully stands out - plus it’s a really long day and I wanna be comfortable 🙈