Mixing Styles

Hi!

I'm getting married in September next year and I have a few concerns that I'd appreciate advice on.

Originally, I was aiming to have a fairly boho wedding style and the flowers that I have chosen reflect this (lots of grasses, thistles etc) and I'm really pleased with this styling.

However, I wasn't expecting to buy a dress that is so traditional - in fact all of my bridesmaids were quite surprised with what I'd chosen as they were expecting something a lot more quirky. I love my dress and when I tried it on it just felt right. Just for reference it's a sweetheart neckline beaded fit and flare.

These two elements together are fine but when I look at hair, I've really fallen in love with classic hollywood waves from the 1950s and some of the more bouffant hair-dos of the 1960s!

Am I in danger of just a complete clash of styles or am I just massively overthinking?

• OmRumOmRum Posts: 757 New bride
    I always say that it's your wedding, not a performance that has to be designed to look pleasing to an audience, so as long as you think you look fine in a mix of styles, then you go for it! Don't get yourself hemmed in by thinking you have a stick to themes, colour palettes, etc.

You do you.
  • rhianna_94rhianna_94 Posts: 11 New bride
    OmRum said:
    I always say that it's your wedding, not a performance that has to be designed to look pleasing to an audience, so as long as you think you look fine in a mix of styles, then you go for it! Don't get yourself hemmed in by thinking you have a stick to themes, colour palettes, etc.

You do you.
    Thank you! Sometimes it's so easy to just get boxed into an idea!
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,122 New bride
    Yeah i really wouldn't worry too much at all, i think as well a lot of the time other people wont notice as much as you do, they are looking at the whole picture and wont necessarily look t your hairstyle and consider it a certain era. 
  • I think if there's one thing I've realised from looking at wedding blogs, its that anything can be a theme. Boho styling mixed with hollywood glamour? Go for it!

At the end of the day whatever you do becomes your 'theme'. Its way better to just do you and not put a label on it :)
    Thank you I feel much more relieved now! I think I'm just expecting my mum to question it but having said that she is very good and I know that she wouldn't make me feel bad for mixing it up
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,122 New bride
    If she questions it i would just tell her you've picked all your favourite bits of each era :p 
    If she questions it i would just tell her you've picked all your favourite bits of each era :p 
    I'll have to throw in something from the 80s to really make her head spin!