When to buy the dress

Help... I am getting married in June 2021 in Cyprus. I know it is just shy of 2 years away, but I really want to start wedding dress shopping!! how soon is too soon to start looking?  

Also, I'm having 5 bridesmaids... what sort of dresses are nice for destination weddings.  I'm thinking a multiway dress, because they arent too expensive but not sure.

Thanks xx

• annipooannipoo Posts: 92 New bride
    As long as you aren't likely to do anything to massively change your body shape (weight loss, pregnancy, boob job, etc) then there's no reason why you can't start looking straight away.
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,122 New bride
    I don't see any harm in looking, but i would strongly suggest a controlled approach. Its really easy to get caught up in it all and think you have to make the decision right away, but i promise you there will be so many dresses that are "the one" and if you miss out on one it wont be the end of the world. Its better to keep looking (i think) that to go back and forth questioning yourself.

I guess im just trying to say take your time, i got really excited and bought a dress 2 years before, without really looking at all my options and the budget available and then i regretted it and ended up getting another, which was 18 months before and i have wobbly moments with that one too. 

Enjoy it, make the most of it, but there really is no rush.