Wedding dress nightmare

My worst nightmare came true when it come to my wedding dress. I was trying so hard to find a perfect dress and to me there was a serious lack of choice in the shops. I found a boutique that imported dresses but didn't have samples to try on. So I ordered this Sophia Tolli dress through this lady from the online catalogue. She told me it would be absolutely fine.

I was so excited but when I went to finally try on the dress I was devastated. It wasn't what it looked like in the picture online. 

I have lost so much money on this dress and this lady denies that the photos online are photo shopped and that the dress isn't the same as the one online.

What do you think? It was supposed to be a fit and flare and my body isn't that bad but looks terrible in this dress.

This is what is supposed to look like. 

This is what is looked like.

What do you think?

• OmRumOmRum Posts: 757 New bride
    I think it looks lovely. Don't forget the models are clipped into the dresses and have shaped petticoats and all sorts of other tricks to make them look "perfect" (although in my opinion the dresses always look nicer on the real brides). The photographer probably spent ages fiddling with the dress to make it stick out like that - as soon as the model moves it would take on a similar look to how yours is in your photos.

You could get a shaped petticoat to wear underneath, but that would cost more money and you might decide it looks better without anyway. (I don't think it needs it, personally.)

It really does look fine and the fit looks perfect.
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,846 New bride
    Wedding dresses never ever look the same on a real person because, as OmRum says, they are always clipped to the model's body to exaggerate the shape.  If it fitted you like the model you wouldn't be able to walk or sit!

I think it looks lovely on you. 
  • I have tried on a lot of dresses and this is one of the worst to me. I couldn't wear this. 

I ended up buying another dress. A sample because my wedding is so close now which I never wanted to do. The last few weeks have been really stressful.