Shoe dilemma

Laura349Laura349 Posts: 996 New bride
edited 11 October in Wedding fashion
Hi everyone, so I was wondering if someone would be able to help with this situation regarding Bridal shoes. 

I’m not the most ‘girly’ of girls, I live in jeans and converse, and I’m surprised I’ve found ‘the dress’
I had my first fitting yesterday and the woman mentioned shoes, I said I’d be happy in a pair of flats / converse as I don’t like heels. 
My mum gave me a look and said “you can’t wear converse with that beautiful dress” But my mum knows I’ve never worn heels and don’t feel comfortable in them, I know my mum means well, and being her only daughter this is the only time she’ll experience the ‘wedding prep’ with me, but I feel so pressured to wear heels (even if it’s only a small heel) when at the end of the day that’s just not me. 

What can I do? 

Thanks 

• Wear what you want! Converse do some lovely "pretty" colours which would probably appease your mum a bit more, but at the end of the day theres no point being uncomfortable for the sake of someone elses wants. 
    Theres also lovely glittery Keds, Toms and similar, even lace versions which are delicate but comfy!! 

Hope you get it sorted, but please just stick to whats true to you. 
  • There are also lots of lovely, pretty flat sandals. You're the one having to wear them all day so make sure you'll be happy and comfortable in them! On the day itself your mum won't care what shoes you have on but you will if you're feeling uncomfortable in them!
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,942 New bride
    Buy some pretty flats - lace pumps or a sparkly sandal. 
    I wore high heels for some of the wedding, but I was in my trusty Birkenstocks by 9pm!
  • jjward2019jjward2019 Posts: 130 New bride
    I wore converses! Well I wore heels for my ceremony and part of the day and switched into converses just after dinner. My mum was adamant I would not wear converses, (even bought me some lovely Havana’s to wear) but ultimately when I put them on (she helped me put them on too!) she was just happy I was happy and comfortable. On the day it really won’t matter so wear what’s comfy or if it means a lot to her compromise and do half and half 😉 x
  • You can find so many beautiful bridal flat shoes, just go for it! I know 'Irregular Choice' have some sparkly flat shoes, I got the red Sparkle shoes for my reception (they're proper Dorothy shoes) - they have some gold ones too which I nearly went for - https://www.irregularchoice.com/womens/flats/sparkle-c.html?___SID=U maybe something like this will change your mum's mind? If not maybe some fun Dr Martens or even white Converse which you can customise? So many options, but I think you should stick to flat if that's what you feel comfortable in :D 
  • I did the same as JJward I wore some low heel shoes for ceremony and photos (only because my mum would not stop going on about how heels help posture) but as soon as the meal was over I was straight into my glittery converse !! 

We had some really cute pictures taken when I was in them too which I love 
  • Laura349Laura349 Posts: 996 New bride
    I did the same as JJward I wore some low heel shoes for ceremony and photos (only because my mum would not stop going on about how heels help posture) but as soon as the meal was over I was straight into my glittery converse !! 

We had some really cute pictures taken when I was in them too which I love 
    I have the same with my mum saying how heels improve posture 
  • @Laura349 we had our pictures back and had portraits (mostly none formal) with both my heels and my converse and you cant tell at all which I’m wearing. Well except in this awesome pic 

• @MrsMidtobe That is defs an awesome pic- love it!