Forum home Wedding fashion

Cost of wedding dresses

Just out of interest, would anyone happen to know how much bridal boutiques pay to the designer to order in a dress? I realise it differs from shop to shop but how much would they pay roughly?

So say for example I bought a dress for £2000, what percentage of that would be the boutiques ‘cut’ on average, and how much of that would go to the designer for the production of the dress?

• Every store will have  completely different profit margin and each designer and dress is likely to have a different profit margin. 

You just need to call the shop instead of asking things no one else will know. 
  • Each designer and store will cost you differently based on their profit margin.
  • Just out of interest, would anyone happen to know how much bridal boutiques pay to the designer to order in a dress? I realise it differs from shop to shop but how much would they pay roughly?

So say for example I bought a dress for £2000, what percentage of that would be the boutiques ‘cut’ on average, and how much of that would go to the designer for the production of the dress?
    Shops (boutiques) have many expenses like rent, electricity, staff salary, decor and maintenance, marketing & advertising, insurance etc. So they have to meet these expenses and also earn. 

Normally boutiques take at least 50% (£1000) profit from a single dress. If they have a huge turnover store then it can be reduced.