What do people recommend about buying a dress online ?

I have seen so many beautiful dresses online and so much less than shop prices am I right in buying online or in shop ?? 

• It was 4 years ago but i bought my dress online, from a website based in China. It was excellent quality, a professional seamstress even said so. Do your research and pay by credit card for extra insurance. 
  • I have seen so many beautiful dresses online and so much less than shop prices am I right in buying online or in shop ?? 
    you can buy online, websites have less monthly expense than shops so they sells at cheaper prices. 
  • waid101waid101 Posts: 12 New bride
    @Samantha265 may i ask the name of the website please?
  • Samantha265Samantha265 Posts: 483 New bride
    It was dressilyme.com
  • waid101waid101 Posts: 12 New bride
    Thank you.
  • jess632jess632 Posts: 10 New bride
    I bought my dress online from Etsy and have never regretted my decision. 

You do have to consider that it is less likely to fit properly/ look as you imagine, and you'll probably need to find a seamstress to do some alterations for you. It could end up costing the same in the end as a dress bought from a store (I spent almost as much on alterations as I spent on the dress itself).

• CHLOE138CHLOE138 Posts: 2 New bride
    You could try ‘Still White’ loads of lovely dresses there and a safe place to buy. New and preloved.
  • Samantha265Samantha265 Posts: 483 New bride
    jess632 said:
    I bought my dress online from Etsy and have never regretted my decision. 

You do have to consider that it is less likely to fit properly/ look as you imagine, and you'll probably need to find a seamstress to do some alterations for you. It could end up costing the same in the end as a dress bought from a store (I spent almost as much on alterations as I spent on the dress itself).

My dress was made to measure and was £107. I ended up losing a lot of weight and it needed taken in a lot, also needed taken up as I had it extra long until I chose the heel height for the day, but even with that alterations were £80, and this included altering my evening dress also.