miserable dress hunters?

• Awww thanks vic1!! I've got tears in my eyes just reading that! (I'm very emotional at the mo!) I haven't tried any on yet - going after xmas, so will remember your 'pearls of wisdom' and whether I cry or my mum crys doesn't matter...its how I feel! xxxx
  • vicster1ukvicster1uk Posts: 1,085
    Z
  • ahh i feel all of what you're saying! I guess we all have to KNOW that we will find that dress one day!
    Z
  • mrsa0412mrsa0412 Posts: 156
    I am ordering my dress tommorrow i have tried it on two seperate times already. What you have said has made my choice final. I was a bit worried because although i totally love the dress my best friend and parents didn't show any emotion when i had it on and although i felt fab in it i didn't cry or even feel like crying. But i know its the one coz out of the 15 i tried on thats the one i keep thinking about.

Thabks girls for helping me be 100% about my choice. (and now i'm wittering!!!)

xxx
    Z
  • I am actually thinking of trying that- going dress shopping on my own. So everyone gets a surprise! Plus it really affects me if I feel something is perfect then someone says it actually isn't that nice!
  • 18vicki18vicki Posts: 217
    I can recommend shopping on your own or with as few people as possible, I tried on about 75 dresses and had got to the point where I didn't believe in 'the one' but for me it was about how I felt and the dress that I could imagine walking down the aisle to meet my H2B in. I finally found it and it just felt right, initially my mum and sister were unsure about it but it was the only one that I really didn't care what they thought as I loved it
  • vics1 you have posted very good advice here!!!

i went shopping with my CBM, then with my mum and then with both of them together.

my mum's favourite dress was different to my CBM's favourite dress.

my mum didnt cry when i had her favourite on but when questioned said you wait till you walk down the aisle i'll be blubbing then!! and she also said she could hardly cry in front of all the shop assistants, it's just not her (although she is a big softie and an emotional type).

all the time i was trying dresses on i knew if i liked them or not (and some of them i LOVED) but i was very "but what do YOU think?" asking them all the time. then i tried on the one (just when i thought i would never find one that was more right than the others) and it didnt matter what they said or thought as i was in love and i knew it was the one for me. the dress "grew" on my CBM as she looked at me in it but if i was too reliant on her opinion i probably wouldnt have gone for it at all!

now i am a very indecisive person, very influenced by others' opinions, but the dress was the one thing i was totally 100% sure of once i had found it, so trust your instinct and if needs be go shopping on your own.

xx
    Z
  • thanks vics!

luckily my mum does love the one i chose, i dont know if she prefers her original favourite, but she does really love my dress. i think if she'd hated it i might have wavered a bit as her opinion does matter, but i know she does genuinely love mine. perhaps she does secretly prefer the other, but that in no way makes me question my choice, whereas if i'd picked one of the other dresses it might have done. i am just so relieved to be able to say with conviction i've made the right choice - i still have 6 months till my wedding and couldnt live with all that time to wonder and worry!!

that said, i know my mum would love me in a bin liner, i just dont think they are that fashionable for weddings LOL!

xx
  • ps vics which dress did you choose? mine is maggie sottero vienna, love it!

xx
    Z