Dress colour clashes with colour scheme?

Since we started planning our wedding we have stuck with a pink and green colour scheme, as we're having an end of summer wedding. This morning I came across the perfect dress however which has gold embroidery on the skirt and bodice, will this work with the pink and green?? Or do i need to find another dress as I've already started buying things for the table etc that fits with the colour scheme

• cheryl654cheryl654 Posts: 366
    Have you spent much already on the pink and green stuff and how much will it matter to you if things don't exactly match?
  • LYNNIukLYNNIuk Posts: 1,046
    Quoted:
    Since we started planning our wedding we have stuck with a pink and green colour scheme, as we're having an end of summer wedding. This morning I came across the perfect dress however which has gold embroidery on the skirt and bodice, will this work with the pink and green?? Or do i need to find another dress as I've already started buying things for the table etc that fits with the colour scheme

I really wouldn't bother worrying to be honest, if its the dress for you and your in love with it then go for it.... nobody is going to care if your gold embroidered dress doesn't match pink napkins or whatever, it doesn't matter! My h2b announced to me yesterday that under no circumstance will he or the male bridal party be wearing a green cravat/waistcoat. My bridesmaid is wearing a sage dress and I was hoping they could all compliement each other, and also I'm liking Green/cream or ivory table settings... He can't match me because that would be telling him Im not wearing white or ivory.... So nevermind, off to work on a compromise and find another colour.... I may not end up with a colour theme at all, we could have a rainbow of colours instead! So you see there isnt any point getting to het up over it, it isnt worth losing the sleep. What will be, will be
  • hlittlehlittle Posts: 445
    I was shopping for BM's dresses on Saturday and was worried I'm not going to 'tie in' with the scheme for BM's and menswear. The lady in the shop told me the bride needn't tie in with anyone, you should stand out alone, so I wouldn't worry, go for the dress you love.
  • webmaster01ukwebmaster01uk Posts: 737
    I agree with the others - go for what you feel is right for you. You can always add subtle touches of gold if you really want to coordinate everything.
  • natgriffithsnatgriffiths Posts: 367
    Our colour scheme for our December wedding is dark red with a bit of gold. Then i found my perfect dress which has delicate silver embroidery on the bodice, in fact, I won't be having anything gold myself - not even gold jewellery. The only thing will be some gold wire in the bouquet. And I don't care if I don't match!