All different bridesmaid dresses!

Well today was the big day for bridesmaids. All came over for luuch and I thought I was so organised with what they were having and all I needed to do was measure them! NO! My 10 year old flowergirl has grown up too much and wants to be a bridesmaid now. Out goes the beaut pink dress adorned with crystals and in comes the long length trad dress for her! My other three are sizess 10, 14 and 16 and all different shapes and all have different opinions so ended up saying "this is the colour, choose the style" and they have all gone for different! But hey, I actually thought, does it matter. They have all chosen a dress to suit their body shape and will feel lovely and confident and feel that too many of us make too much out of making the whole day "match". So I am now looking forward to receiving 4 totally different dresses and it feels more exciting! They have now all gone away to think about hair and shoes - daren't think about that meeting!!! Is anyone else going for different styles for their attendants?

• craftycharlicraftycharli Posts: 3,175
    Both my bridesmaids were really differnet sizes and shapes and they went for differnt styles in the same colour and it looked fab showed they were the attendants but let their personalities show through a little bit too! They had totally different hairstyles and shoes too and it all worked a treat!
  • lausiepooslausiepoos Posts: 148
    Although I'm not at that stage in the plans yet, that's exactly what I'm going to do. My maids will be 24 18 15 and 11 so there's no way of finding one which will suit them all. As long as they are all the same colour (green I hope) I don't care! Also I think it'll look really good in the photos.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have gone for a style for the older two and different styles for the 12 and 4 yr old, I think as long as the colour matches the colour scheme you are having then it is just as important that the bridesmaids fell comfortable in the dresses they are wearing and also the age thing is a pain too! having really timy ones and older ones.
  • zfoster1892zfoster1892 Posts: 86
    im actually only having one bridesmaid as im getting married in america so cant expect too many people to come over and want to keep it small, iv chosen the colour but i am giving bridesmaid the choice of 3 dresses, as i have been a bridesmaid twice and never felt comfortable i dont want my best friend to feel that way at my wedding
  • Kaos503Kaos503 Posts: 27
    Quoted:
    Well today was the big day for bridesmaids. All came over for luuch and I thought I was so organised with what they were having and all I needed to do was measure them! NO! My 10 year old flowergirl has grown up too much and wants to be a bridesmaid now. Out goes the beaut pink dress adorned with crystals and in comes the long length trad dress for her! My other three are sizess 10, 14 and 16 and all different shapes and all have different opinions so ended up saying "this is the colour, choose the style" and they have all gone for different! But hey, I actually thought, does it matter. They have all chosen a dress to suit their body shape and will feel lovely and confident and feel that too many of us make too much out of making the whole day "match". So I am now looking forward to receiving 4 totally different dresses and it feels more exciting! They have now all gone away to think about hair and shoes - daren't think about that meeting!!! Is anyone else going for different styles for their attendants?

I will be having 3 bridesmaides and 2 flower girls all with different style dresses. I thought this would be more interesting and 'modern', plus it makes life easier as they are fussy about their clothes and all have different tastes!!
  • My 2 bridesmaids are very different sizes and shapes! I've been dress shopping with my sister and we've found the dress we like for her, I'm hoping to be able to get the same one for my friend as she independently marked that one as a possible for herself when she was looking on the website before we'd chosen my sister's. The lady in the bridal shop said it would suit most shapes and sizes. But I am prepared to have them in different styles if it turns out that my friend doesn't like the dress when we go to try.
  • JoyukJoyuk Posts: 51
    I have 4 bridesmaids (40, 24, 14 and 11) I have chosen the same dress for them all, the colour and style suits them all and luckily they all love it so i have very happy bridesmaids!image
  • mel27ukmel27uk Posts: 238
    I have 4 bmaids and 1 flower girl... my 2 older bmaids match my 2 younger bmaids match (both sets are in pink) but my flower girl is in ivory...
  • blossom25blossom25 Posts: 3,070
    My bridesmaid are 9,10,16 and 20 and the eldest two are a size 10 and 18 so I'm going to pick the colour and let them choose the stle. Seems like the sensible thing to do if you have differing sizing but want to keep control of your colour scheme. xx