Dress Alteration London

Can anyone recommend a seamstress in London for wedding dress alterations? I am having my dress shipped from the US and have no idea who is good in London and what prices I can expect to pay. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• hlittlehlittle Posts: 445
    I don't know where you are in London, but I took my BM's to a seamstress on Saturday in Walton on Thames (about 30 mins from waterloo by train). We've not had the dresses back yet, so I can't vouch for the work, but I was impressed with her workshop and approach. She seems to do a lot of bridal/BM dresses and had an albumn of pitcutres/testimonials form clients. The prices aren't cheap, about £25 per 'thing' that needed doing, i.e. per hem, tuck-in at waist or bust etc., so one dress has ended up costing £75 in alterations, but even seeing them pinned you could tell the difference in fit. She's called Emma Perrin and I can dig out the details if it would be of help to you. We go back to collect them on 19th October. My own dress is ordered up in the midlands, but I know the seamstress there does charge more for bridal gowns than BM dresses. I was quoted approx £40 for a hem, but I'm not sure whet the actual cost will be.
  • Mrs_AmandaMrs_Amanda Posts: 3,285
    HM2B,

My mum's in W-o-T, and I'll be getting married there, so I could easily get my dress done there too.

If you recommend your seamstress, would you let me have their details?

many thanks

Amanda