Sottero and Midgley............anyone.....

Has anyone had or having a sottero and midgley dress?

• Hi yes I am have a maggie sottero dress. Its called Fluer in congac colour. I fell in love with it the minute i tried it on. There are lots of stockist all around the country and they always advertise in the wedding mags. Where in the country do you live? Have you chose a dress yet? When r u getting married?
  • hi girls

im also wearing sottero and midgely dress, its also fleur and also in cognac.

im getting married in august and i cant wait to wear my dress!!

im from kent

leanne xxx
  • What colour theme have you gone for for the rest of your wedding, as the dress is quite a difficult colour. We have opted for Choc brown and creams. Where abouts in Kent are you from Leanne?
  • hiya

im from maidstone, what bout you??

we have gone for gold/champagne its v light to be honest not to far from ivory, and dusky pink.

i have ordered about a million and one swatchs from places to find the perfect colour and i must admit browns seem about the best, but my friend just had brown and i just wanna steer away from using the same,

i picked my dress up last saturday, have to get it back in the shop by beginning of July.

ohhhhh its so exciting

leanne xxxx
  • Yeah it is isnt it! When and where r u getting married? We r getting married at The Archbishops palace in Maidstone. Not religious so didnt fancy church do. Having evening meal and reception back at The Stanley House Ball room which is behind the St Georges Hotel In Chatham if u know it? Our day is 4th Oct so got a while yet. Havent got dress yet, only just picked it two weeks ago. But really excited now I found have found the dress.

Its what the men r gonna wear I having having issues with!

Danielle x
  • I have brought a sottero & Midgley wedding gown from Brides by Solo in Newmarket. I'm not sure of the name or number but it's a very full taffeta dress in irredescent purple. I wanted something different from the gang of us getting married. The shop was really helpful and the prices were the best around. I'm sooooo excited to show it off but it hasn't been delivered yet. image
  • hiya

im getting married at boxley church, then going to aylesford rugby club for the reception.

where did u see the dress? jodi's? thats where i got mine. i picked mine up last week i cant believe im gonna wear it, im so excited!!

the archbishops palace is lovely, the photos will be brilliant!

leanne xxx 02/08/08

baby due 3 weeks 2day
  • Tinky1984Tinky1984 Posts: 211
    odd question but i love the maggie soterro dresses but how much do they usually cost ? x
  • Hi, I am paying £1250 for my dress. I honestly havent bothered to shop around too much to see if that is reasonable because I have my heart set on it, but I have saved some money by getting my jewellery from Debenhams which is a lovely set. Also got all my bridesmaid sets in there as they have 70% off at the moment so saved a bundle! Also if anyone is interested they are having a big sale day on all jewellery on 12th of March (check date tho).

Leanne - Yes I am getting it from Jodis. They were really helpful in there. I can imagine how excited u must be, I cant wait till mine is ready, although if I have it I will want to keep trying it on, and I want it to be special for the big day so probably good job it wont be here for another 6 months!

My cousin got married at that Church. It is lovely inside, I must admit if we had gone 4 the church wedding that would have been up there on my top choices, your really lucky!

Good luck with the baby! I had a little girl 10 weeks ago and between her and my 5 year old lad I dont know where I find the time for all this wedding planning lark! Good job I am on maternity thats all I can say!

Do you know what ure having? Is it your first?

Danielle x
  • Hi, I am paying £1250 for my dress. I honestly havent bothered to shop around too much to see if that is reasonable because I have my heart set on it, but I have saved some money by getting my jewellery from Debenhams which is a lovely set. Also got all my bridesmaid sets in there as they have 70% off at the moment so saved a bundle! Also if anyone is interested they are having a big sale day on all jewellery on 12th of March (check date tho).

Leanne - Yes I am getting it from Jodis. They were really helpful in there. I can imagine how excited u must be, I cant wait till mine is ready, although if I have it I will want to keep trying it on, and I want it to be special for the big day so probably good job it wont be here for another 6 months!

My cousin got married at that Church. It is lovely inside, I must admit if we had gone 4 the church wedding that would have been up there on my top choices, your really lucky!

Good luck with the baby! I had a little girl 10 weeks ago and between her and my 5 year old lad I dont know where I find the time for all this wedding planning lark! Good job I am on maternity thats all I can say!

Danielle x

Danielle x
  • hi Danielle

yes im aving a girl, also have a son who is 3, its been quite good really trying to sort out the wedding its kept my mind on something else rather than babies lol

i have had enough though now, 2 weeks 6 days to go lol, im havig c section so im going to hospital on the 19th.

are u from Maidstone?

i went up to Boxley church on sunday for a wedding preparation afternoon, it was really interesting actually, all the questions answered i had been thinking about,

are u hiring suits? think we are from suits you although nothing been done yet,

have u got any pics of the dress??

leanne xxx
  • no, i havent got any pics of the dress. It isnt on their website, have looked it up on net but can only find second hand ones 4 sale and u cant really see any of the detail.

No I live in Gillingham. We went into suits for you aswell for a quick look, and price check. There is a really nice shop that hire suits in Chatham called Penguins. it is just by Staples if u know where that is, but they r shut wed afternoons. They have some lovely suits in there.

I know what u mean about having enough of being pregnant. I had a elective C Section aswell, went in on the 19th of nov! bit strange ay!!

I bet that put your mind at rest getting toi go up to the church and have all ure questions answered! I had a good old chat with my reception venue the other day about really silly stuff like how many high chairs they have ect... We r having a sit down meal for 120 ppl, i never realised quite how much stuff there was to organise! good job i am off work till may!

when r u getting married? x

p.s i think there is something strange happening, all my posts keep coming up 3 times!
  • Just a warning about Suits You. My sister used them a year ago and the Father of the Groom wasn't given the right trousers for the day so ended up wearing his own that didn't match the rest of the group. Just ensure you have everything tried, tested and checked before it's to late
  • daeukdaeuk Posts: 20
    Hi,

I have ordered the Maggie Sottero Tabrette Lynette in ivory and vienna cream, with Bill Levkoff 806 for my Bridesmaids (still can't find a UK stockist). I first tried my wedding dress in Virgin Brides in Manchester but since I live in Milton Keynes, I bargained with a very nice local shop and got it for £850 instead of the £1110 Virgin wanted. The local shop is so amazing too with an excellent reputation and treated me much better than Virgin did. I tried MANY dresses and the Sottero range all fitted like a glove, a dream to wear!
  • hiya

sorry its taken so long to reply, im getting married 2nd august, i cant wait!!

i had a scan today, baby measuring good for dates an approx 6lb 4, so looking at 7lb something i guess.

is the sale still on in debenhams?? i need a bridesmaid dress for a 10 year old. in ivory or champagne

leanne xxxxximage
  • erm well I went last week wednesday so they may have some bits left but BHS do some lovely yonger bridesmaid dresses and they r quite reasonable. They had a load of sale stuff too but that was about 3 weeks ago! But still their normal stuff is quite cheap.

Very exciting for you about baby! Mine were both 6.1lb. Even tho the first was 2 weeks late and this one 2 weeks early! Although they r both chunks now!

I bet you had to book your wedding quite a while ago to get that date!! We wanted september but couldnt get any slots on a saturday at all! Hence 4th October, although the 4th October last year was one of the hottest days in ages! Fingers crossed its the same this year!

I have been looking at Chair covers for our reception, didnt realise how much they actually are! Are you having to have covers or anythign? -x-