Has anyone used House of Brides.com

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have used House of brides.com. Really would like to buy some dresses from there and would like to have reassurance of anyone who has used them or know of anyone who has used them.

Cheers

Lindsay

• Hi, I ordered my one adult bridesmaid dress from them (an Alfred Angelo). It took more or less exactly the expected time (4 months) to arrive and I picked it up yesterday. It's lovely! The bridesmaid hasn't tried it on yet but it certainly looks good even on the hanger. I will be ordering flower girl dresses from them in the new year.

Don't forget taxes. This one dress was about $133.50 inc P&P. Taxes were VAT £13.81 and import duty £8.45. The extra bit I was not aware of was £13.50 clearance fee added by Parcelforce for their handling of the parcel and tax paperwork. All together the dress cost me about £115. Melanie
  • I've also used HOB and been delighted with the service. I bought two Watters & Watters bridesmaids dresses that would have been £380 each here. The two dresses with 3 meters of fabric, rush delivery charge, the shipping costs and import duty has come in under £400.

The girls dresses arrived on Saturday which was the morning of my hen weekend, so they got to try them on together with my MIL who's the hairdresser. Everyone who's seen the dresses agrees that they're amazing and have been well worth the trouble and savings!