White Wedding?

I keep reading tht white dresses should be avoided on pale skin. I have bought my dress in white thai silk which isn't a bright cold white but I have dark hair and very pale skin. Now I'm a bit worried that I've made a mistake. I don't want to fake tan as that isn't me. Guess I'd just like some reasurance! x

• zfoster1892zfoster1892 Posts: 86
    do you like it and do you feel beautiful in it? if yes then thats the dress for you. you obviously loved it to have bought it so dont worry about what you read they havnt saw the dress on you. im sure itl look great. dont worry. x
  • blossom25blossom25 Posts: 3,072
    Yes! Thank you image
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    The dress I tried on had become a darker white as it was a year old sample so the assistant said it would be brighter but not a 'blue' white. If you know what I mean! I guess it's just a question of faith in my own judgement. Mind you, I am sat here wearing white now and it looks okay! Plus don't some fashion articles recommend white to lift the face? x
  • zfoster1892zfoster1892 Posts: 86
    back in the day the only colour to wear was white and those brides all looked great
    True. My Mam wore white and she has similar colouring to me. Didn't think of that before! Feel better about it now. Thank you!! Keep having doubts about everything. x
  • cheryl654cheryl654 Posts: 366
    Jules if you are like this now, what are you going to be like nearer the time hun? You are having one of those days I assume?
    lol! Very much so Cheryl. I have just finished my dissertation and am wrapping uni stuff up and applying for courses and jobs so my head is all over the place! I'll be right by next week when things calm down a bit x