Too Fussy??

Hi everyone, I am having traumas over whether or not my dress is too fussy. Everyone seems to be going for simple dresses with little detail but when I tried that type on it didn't do snything for me. So I went for a Hollywood dreams one and now when I see it on pictures I'm just not sure. I didn't get a huge wave of emotion when I tried it on just felt happy and smiled a lot.My Mam loves it so much she says she's been dreaming about it so perhaps it is right and I'm just worrying without need. I loved it when I tried it on but the lack of butterflies and that feeling your supposed to get is worrying me now. I don't want to look like a merangue!

• blossom25blossom25 Posts: 3,072

[Modified by: *Jules* on May 09, 2006 11:41 PM]
  • zfoster1892zfoster1892 Posts: 86
    *jules* im worried that you have 3 different posts all about problems with your dress. i looked at it one line and its beautiful, i think maybe your listening too much to other peoples opinions. but why not talk to your mam about how you feel she saw it one you. try to go back to the shop again to reafirm your initial feeling to how much you smiled when you wore it. just remember its your wedding so the opinions of other people to the type of dress they are wearing should not matter. in relation to your post on bad look maybe you want people to say it is bad luck so you have an excuse to change the dress, coz you really dont seem happy. i certainly dont think its fussy but you cant get married in something you are not happy in so go and try it again. hope this all makes sense to you x
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi again Jules - it's just occurred to me too that I've just replied to a lot of your posts giving you reassurance about your dress/veil/shoes/tiara and perhaps these little details aren't what's bothering you. I agree with Beanie, maybe you're just a bit overwhelmed with everything at the moment and need to spend some time away from wedding planning for a few days. It's easy to get caught up in the whole thing and start fretting that you've made the wrong choices, but listen to your heart and remember why you chose what you did in the first place. I'm sure after a bit of R&R and non-wedding pampering, perhaps a 'date' with your h2b where you promise not to talk about the wedding, will make you feel heaps better and more confident about everything. Apologies too if I'm way off the mark as well - I just sense that you're unhappy and stressed out and desperate for some reassurance. Your dress by the way is gorgeous, the model has dark hair and doesn't have a perma tan so you'll look beautiful! Don't worry - everything will come together in the end.
  • sarahbeeeuksarahbeeeuk Posts: 126
    Wow, I think you'll look a real princess in that dress Jules! It's the type of dress that everyone dreams of as a little girl- and I don't mean that in a derogatory way at all- you'll look like a real star in it, try not to worry! x
  • nessauknessauk Posts: 319
    Hi Jules - really don't worry what other people have chosen - some people like simple dresses, others vintage, others fairytale...it's all about what feels right. Don't worry about not getting the butterflies feeling, I didn't either, but like you I just stood their grinning, so knew it was right. There's nothing stopping you trying it on again, so why not?!
  • cheryl654cheryl654 Posts: 366
    I have had major dress colly wobbles Jules too but found its just coz its not by my side and when I see it I fall in love all over gain. Your dress is lovely and I wouldn't say overly fussy. Tastefully decorated and beautiful. I also never had the major fall in love with the dress feeling either. Personally think it doesn't happen to us all. My current worry is my head dress. A diamante and feather fasinator tiara effort which I like but maybe is too tall for me as I am already 5'10" tall. What next eh?:\?
    I've calmed down now! I have just finished my dissertation and have lots of things changing and to organised so I am overwhelmed and I do love my dress! Just had another look at it and sure it's right. Ws just having a bad day! Thank you for the reassurance. I'm going to take your advice and have a long bath with some lavender oil and a good sleep! Hormones are a terrible thingimage Thanks for the advice everyone your all so lovely! By the way Charli I think tall women look wonderful if they emphasise their height by wearing heels or head dresses. I've always thought it shows that they are confident, beautiful and proud of their height. Which I'm very jealous of! I get a crick in my neck just talking to my h2b (he's 6"2 and I'm 5"6) If I was 4 inches taller I'd wear a tall head dress with no worries! (well knowing me maybe a couple!) You'll look gorgeous! imagex xx

[Modified by: *Jules* on May 10, 2006 12:36 AM]
    Oh and I removed the link to it in case someone my future sis in law comes on here as she does sometimes! You never know! xx
  • ktukktuk Posts: 263
    Hi, I always wanted a very plain and simple wedding dress, no fuss. In a way i suppose i have always been a little shy and didnt want to draw attention to myself but i saw a dress by Justin Alexander and knew i had to see the real thing, you see i wanted something different as well. We are having a christmas wedding so off i went, travelled over 60 miles to the nearest stockist of this dress and the lady in the shop advised that i try on some others before the one i went to see. So of course i took her advice and tried on 3 others, the first being another Justin Alexander dress, very nice and really quite plain except for a diamonte diamond on the midriff, Oh my god it threw me. It was lovely. Didnt want a veil (only a tiara) but i was advised to just try one on so i did, i felt like a bride i had to have a veil, anyway eventually i tried on the dress i went to see and i fell in love with it. Guess what ?? its huge, a really fairy princess dress and i felt a million dollars even the lady in shop said it was me. So after all that i am not going to be a shrinking violet, i want to and am going to wow everyone who knows me, why shouldnt i, its my and h2b day and i dont care who doesnt like it, like my mum says, "your dress may not be their choice and theirs may not be yours, but if you feel good and you love it then thats the dress for you, its your day, do your day how you want with no regrets". If anyone gets the chance to go on the Justin Alexander website you will see what i mean, Its a pinkish corset top covered in crystals and tule bottom. Its fussy but i love it!! Best of all Christmasy
    kt i tried that dress on, it so gorgeous, but wasnt quite right for me. i always said i would get married in a bikini on the beach and i ended up with a big dress to.
    Hi Zoe, Thank you very much, funny how you think you know what you would like and then you choose the exact opposite and know when it is THE dress. I followed my heart and not my head and am so glad i did, arent you?? I just have what seems like forever to wait to wear it. Isnt it all exciting. H2b when asked what he thought i would choose looked thro a book and chose a very simple ivory dress with no fuss, i really cant wait to see his face. He will be sooooo shocked.
    yeah im sure he'l love to see you looking so great, im very excited only 115 days to go, its amazing how things change from your original thoughts. how long for you?
    221 days for me zoe, 22/12/06 what sort of dress did you settle on in the end?? Seeing as you are getting married before me please keep me informed of how it all goes for you.
    if you go to www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?pageSize=8&page=11&style=J123 you can see the dress but im having it in light gold and getting the whole trail cut off!! il keep you informed, let me know how yours is going
    oh my god, i ordered the wrong dress, i cant believe it the fronts are the same but the backs are different and the website only just started showing the backs of them, i didnt know there was to dresses so similar, i feel like crying, the actual dress is http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?pageSize=8&page=11&style=J994
  • Hi jules, what wedding dress you getting have you got a website so we can have a look?/
    zoe its soooo lovely, i am sure you will look beautiful and to be honest i had to flick backwards and forwards for ages to spot the difference, If you really are upset can you not get it touch with your bridal shop and make the change or have you already got it. Keep us informed please.
  • sciallensciallen Posts: 246
    Hey kT, im getting married the day after you!!!!! (23/12/06), which is also my birthday!*!* I am also having a justin alexander dress, which has lots of detail and i love it!!! The actual picture of it doesn't do the dress any justice at all but when i tried it on i just fell in love with it. It has a crystal diamante detail across the top of the bodice, ruched taffeta silk, with diamante sprinked tulle underneath, flowing into a train at the back!*!* not at all what i thought i would choose but very christmassy all the same. I have a very sparkley tiara (love anything that sparkles) but cannot decide on a veil?????????? I first thought i wanted an elbow length but now im even considering a full length...... oh i dont know???????? Maybe i could get a full length one, with the bottom part detachable (i think you can get them), that way i get the best of both!!!! Your dress is beautiful, you will look like a true princess!*!*!*;\)
    Hi kt, thanks im ok now that i have got over the shock, i cant change it but if i dont like the back when i try it at least i cant see it!! getting excited now as its only 2 weeks til i go to america and can start making proper plans
    Hi Littlesa,it seems like we maybe have the same taste. I am sure i know the dress you mean and it is lovely. As for the sparkle, you just cant beat it, love it and fairy lights and candles (which is what the ceremony room will be lit by as well as a big crystal chandelier that has been dimmed right down, so romantic (and sparkly). Guess what? i have even got a full length veil that has sparkles the same as thats on the dress all over it and when it lays on top of the dress its sparkles beautifully under lights. I just cant wait to wear it. I know the full length veil may be a problem but it is on a comb so when i have had enough i can just take it out and be left with my sparkley tiara. It all seems so magical and not real. I think i will want my day to last forever and ever. Somehow Christmas seems so perfect (and i wont get hayfever). I just hope and pray it snows, now wouldnt that be perfect!!!