Dress decision

Hi,

I tried some dresses at the weekend and I fell in love with one. I cried as I couldn't believe how wonderful it looked and the lady in the shop cried too. But, somehow these dresses all seem to look good, do you know what I mean, (hate shopping for 'normal' clothes can never find things that fit/look nice) and I want to make sure I'm not getting carried away when there could actually be another dress out there.

But I felt so happy and it all looked so perfect, had tiara and veil in and some shoes on, am I getting carried away with the emotion or is this the right dress? I felt like I could have gone and got married there and then, and the dress was too small but it still looked great. I was almost ready to order it there and then.

Should I stop looking or should I try some more? I haven't tried loads, but a few,

This was the first one I tried in this shop, based on me giving the lady a few ideas as to what I like, and she pulled it out, and it was just like some pictures i've seen in the mags.

Frustratingly I can't find a picture of it on the web anywhere and I didn't take a photo on the day so now I'm starting to forget the image!

Any thoughts please?

• Hi, Go back to the shop with a friend who has either a phone camera or any camera and try it on again, ask the shop lady to take pictures. I sure most shops will let you.

Keep looking around as you never know when something perfect may arrive. AS my mum is always saying to me if it feels right go for it.

When is the wedding and where?

Best of luck
  • vixiebukvixiebuk Posts: 268
    hi, i did exactly the same thing as you apart from mine was the second dress i tried on. I fell in love with the dress and i didn't want to take it off!! I went and tried on about 6 more and there was only one i almost liked as much as the second one. I was worried that i was getting carried away because i also have the same trouble as you shopping for 'normal' clothes. I've decided that im going to try on lots more (i dont need to order untill feb) and just see if anything matches up-after all you only get to try on wedding dresses once! But at least if i dont find anything that makes me feel the way (me and my chief bridesmaid have named as 'that dress'!) then i know i have found the right one, im just hoping i wont find one i love as much-that could get difficult!!! Do you know the make of your dress?
  • ginvztginvzt Posts: 65
    I thought I will do the same as vixieb!

I found a dress that I like a lot and my thoughts keep coming back to it (it is Sincerity 3144). Another one I liked and I was thinking that it is the one is Balenciaga by Maggie Sottero. It is so difficult to make up your mind. I keep thinking that I love Balenciaga, but then Sincerity one is much cheaper. The only thing is I want to have lace-up back, and Sincerity one doesn't. I tried to ask in the shop if they would do it for me, but they still haven't came back to me. It aslo has the detachable train which I like very much!!!
  • The wedding is Oct 07 so there's no desperate rush, but I'd like to decide soon so that I can co-ordinate other things a bit etc.

Plus, in one sense, it would be nice to think, I've finished looking.

But in another sense, it woud be nice to try some more dresses as I might hopefully never do wedding dress shopping again!!

The dress was a good price, not too excessive, and had the sparkle I'd like, again not excessive, but was maybe a bit plain on the train, I need to maybe ask if they can add anything to that?

Oh so confused! Got another appointment next Sat at a different shop and don't know whether to keep or cancel. See if they have anything else just to put my mind at rest that I've already found the best, or will it just confuse me? image
  • VPukVPuk Posts: 580
    I would keep your appointment at the next shop. I tried on loads over a few weeks and went to two shops on the day I ordered my dress, trying on about 8 dresses that day. I knew as soon as I put it on really though. I never thought there was a "one" until I put this dress on. That's the only way I can describe it. You think that they all look nice and you could wear any of them, and then you put the one on and suddenly you feel you don't need to look any more.

Go and try on some others and I bet they don't give you that feeling!

Good luck x:\)
  • ginvztginvzt Posts: 65
    If there will be aything that will confuse you, then this dress is not the one! I tried the dress in the first shop (well, second as the first shop was horrable - tried 1 dress in one hour!!!) and thought it was the one, but then went to another shop and found something I haven't even thought about!!! I do like organza overlay and lace back and I would like my dress to have these, but the Sincerity dress is just so beautiful, I don't mind it being in Satin! But I still want the lace back...
  • I did feel like I didn't need to look anymore. Argh!

Laceup backs are lovely the dress has that which is perfect.
  • emsukemsuk Posts: 1,267
    most bridal shops will not letyou take photos incase you then get a dress maker to copy it. its unlikely you'll find one that will let you. best thing is check whetehr shop or designer has website that you can look at.

i would go with that dress if it makes you feel that way and the shop and lady was good, then stick with it as they are few that are good !
    most bridal shops will not letyou take photos incase you then get a dress maker to copy it. its unlikely you'll find one that will let you. best thing is check whetehr shop or designer has website that you can look at.

i would go with that dress if it makes you feel that way and the shop and lady was good, then stick with it as they are few that are good !

• emmacorrollemmacorroll Posts: 2,264
    I would go and try some more on (at least keep next week's appointment!) and then see how you feel.

I was torn between 2 dresses in 1 shop and the assistant said to me; "If you had to get married in 1 hour - which one would you have?" Without a second's hesitation I said "this one" (not in any way like that bloke from Little Britain by the way!) and then I just KNEW that was The One & promptly burst into tears as I loved it so much!

There are many b2bs who disagree with me here, but I really think you do know if the dress is the 'meant to be' one & don't forget, you'll only wear it for one day, but you'll be remembering it for the rest of your life!!!

• thanks for your advice ladies.

emmabusy2be did you still try more dresses after 'the one' ?
    I have to confess, no! But I had tried on about 16 dresses with 4 separate shops and this was my second trip back to that shop. I THOUGHT I was going to be buying the other one of the 2 on that day, but the assistant asked if I would try The One on just to see (she knew me SO well!!).

It was slightly different for me as my mum lives abroad and this was the first time she had been with me so the emotion of the moment may have added to it, but I do still love my dress and have been back once already to see it again (I even have the link to the picture as a Favourite on my PC at work!!!)

How many dresses have you tried on? And how many shops? Have any other dresses come close?

• Hiya,

I have been to three shops and tried about 15 maybe? So not loads, but enough to have a bit of an idea I guess.

News - I emailed the company and asked for a picture and they have sent me one - really impressed, and now I have seen it again, albeit not on me, but still, I love it, and I have now cancelled my other appoinment on Saturday, it has renewed my faith in THE dress!

I am going to try and go back very soon and try it again, try and get a friend to come, and this could be it.

Thanks all for advice.

:\)
    Good luck!!!

The fact that you feel sure enough to cancel another appointment seems to me that this is The One!!!

Keep us posted!

(I'm almost as excited for you as I was when I decided on MY dress!!!)

• Thanks Emma!

I am going back at the weekend and I can feel a purchase coming on x
    Princess Sparkle,

I've probably missed you now, but Good Luck tomorrow with your shopping!!!

Make sure you try on the whole get-up (shoes, veil, tiara) if you can. It's SO exciting - I've got butterflies remembering!!!

• Thanks Emma I went back and ordered! A friend came along and it all looked just lovely again so I decided to go for it!!!!!!! Really happy :\)