Breaking in shoes - good tip! - with pics - well trying!!!!!

I have just bought my shoes and wanted to share this tip.

Usefull tip Celine at Jimmy Choo gave me when "breaking -in" wedding shoes. Put thick socks on, put the shoe on and cut the feet off old pair of tights or use pop socks - and then put these over your shoes while you where them around the house. Genius!

This will stop any dust/ scuffs/ etc.

Ok - so you will look a bit of a Muppet - but who's going t see you as you hoover in them?? image

C xx

[Modified by: Charleygirl on 25 April 2008 10:01:18 ]

• gindigindi Posts: 1,369
    Oooh, good idea! I wondered how to do that without scuffing the soles... we have wooden floorboards and even wearing shoes inside gets them a bit mucky!
  • teiganukteiganuk Posts: 580
    thats a great tip thank u!!! xx
  • snowydoguksnowydoguk Posts: 175
    Hey Charleygirl,

What a fab tip! Thanks for sharing that with us all!

xx
  • charleygirl76charleygirl76 Posts: 2,730
    Just to let you know I tried out this tip last night and it works a charm. H2B though it all rather amusing when he got home to see me walking - well wobbling about - in my sports socks, shoes and tights over the top. He said I looked like something from the kids from fame!! LOL

Well after waltzing about and getting to grips(literally) with wooden flooring, tiled floors and carpet - I took the whole lot off and shoes look as good as they did when I took them out of the box.

Will be doing this little exercise most evenings now! ha ha.

C xx

[Modified by: Charleygirl on April 24, 2008 11:46 AM]
  • lou_n_jacoblou_n_jacob Posts: 192
    Brilliant idea..... pure genius

xx
  • dippy_moo86dippy_moo86 Posts: 1,862
    oh the things us girls do for the perfect wedding! lol
  • LXH100LXH100 Posts: 777
    Fantastic! Great idea!

go on, post a picture!!
    ha ha - I did actually take some pics - but don't know how to load on here - I have tried- believe me. Will load up onto PC at home and have a play.
    Right - going to try this pictures thing - please be patient.

I have a photo bucket account - now that's a start. Took me hours to work out loading up from camera to PC to photobucket.

Links / images / info :

My New Choos

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/charleygirl76/Choo3.jpg

Front View (excuse the non manicured toes!)

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/charleygirl76/Choo2.jpg

Hope it works

C x

[Modified by: Charleygirl on April 25, 2008 10:32 AM]

[Modified by: Charleygirl on April 25, 2008 10:33 AM]

[Modified by: Charleygirl on April 25, 2008 01:58 PM]
    More images.... this is clearly not working!

Sexy Side View

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/charleygirl76/Choo4.jpg

....and the clincher..... taking protective measures

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/charleygirl76/choo5.jpg

Hmmmm first batch not worked -Anyone know what the frig I am doing wrong???? ha ha.

[Modified by: Charleygirl on April 25, 2008 10:31 AM]

[Modified by: Charleygirl on April 25, 2008 10:33 AM]
  • beasukbeasuk Posts: 932
    Hi Hun,

They are lovely! You just need to take the img off of the begining.

• Alanguk1Alanguk1 Posts: 211
    Woooo hooo ! Sexy!!! ha ha!

great tip though!
    Thanks Beas - taken off both ends - so hope the links work. I am destined never to get a pic on here! ha ha---- anyway enjoy the links to pics of my manky feet and kids from fame look! ha ha
  • KeepingMumKeepingMum Posts: 566
    Just dont forget to leave the socks and pop socks off on the big day!!

(How sexy would those garter shots look!!)image
  • macabeymacabey Posts: 2,884
    Firstly thank you for the tip, as I really need to break my shoes in and was wondering how to do it without scuffing them.

Secondly, I'm sorry but I just have to laugh at your feet in the getup - it is hilarious, however needs must.

once again thank you.
    no worries girls - happy to share and amuse!!

I am going round to my CBMs tonight and am thinking of wearing them in full nylon get-up while we watch TV and munch chocs!

Won't drive in them though - could you imagine!! ha ha
  • thumpertoo2thumpertoo2 Posts: 2,138
    lol...honestly they are stunning, it's a great tip but the picture of protective measure is hilarious, just imagine if that's what it looked like under your wedding dress!

you are a star for sharing though.
  • BrummieVeeBrummieVee Posts: 1,651
    Great idea, but I would've thought sports socks are a bit TOO thick?? My only worry would be they are over stretched.

I will be wearing mine in round the house, but not till August - how hot will my feet be as it'll be summer time?!?!? LOL

Did you have difficulty going up & down stairs in them like that???
    The socks were thick - and strap was on the last hole. I doubt these will get over stretched as tough satin. But will only wear in an hour at a time - just to be sure.

Not too much difficulty on the stairs - but did use the bannisters and tried to be demure and straight - like finishing school with book on head - just to keep balance. Thank god he didn't walk in as I practiced that bit otherwise would have lost balance and gone A over T down to the bottom! ha ha.

Good luck with the breaking in with socks and tights girls!

Share your pics too!

C xx
  • sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    I love your choos!x
  • fish92fish92 Posts: 1,337
    OMG those pics, your shoes are amazing.

I am dreading trying to get up the stairs about 100 and steep, in my shoes with this dress as well OMG my poor son who is really slim and only 21 is going to have some bruises on him LOL, i am size 20 and about 10 st LOL poor lad.

Hubby is a big lad so i will be ok(i hope) on the way down once i am married.
  • Thanks for the tip charleygirl, loving the pics, I can just imagine what ur H2B was thinking when he saw you sporting your new shoes, hee-hee! Oh, are they Macy JC's they look even more b-e-a-utiful on than they do on the website! They are fab! Will have to try it out, thanks for posting cos I have been thinking about practising in my shoes for the past couple of days - now i can worry free!
  • purplepunkukpurplepunkuk Posts: 3,187

• purplepunkukpurplepunkuk Posts: 3,187

here these should work now!!!

Sian x x x x
    Thanks Sian, ha ha - now you can all have a good giggle.

He was out last night on a works jolly- so I got to don shoes and tights protectors again for more breaking in. I stood and did the washing up (being careful not to drip on them) and they were ok. It does seem to get easier with each practice.

Anyone else got any tales of shoe breaking in / tips , pics of you wearing shoes while hoovering / ironing??

C xx