where can I find the shops for low back corset/bra

Hi girls

I have read all threads related on low back corsets. It looks like the 'flattering me' corset is a popular one. But the question is where can I find the store to buy there? They dont have online stores to sell it and they wont let you know where their distributors are.

Is there any store in London selling low back corset so that I can try in person?

please help!!!

sophie

• Hi Miaomiao,

I'm in exactly the same situation as you! Have been desperately searching for a low back strapless bra and to be honest I've been struggling a bit so will be really interested to hear what everyone else comes up with.

Anyhoo back to your question! I rang Jupon (the UK distributors of the flattering me long line bras) and I was so disappointed with the customer service!

I spoke to the owner who was really just very arsey and said he wouldn't accept returns and was going to charge me a £20 handling fee in addition to the cost of the bra! When I asked about a petite size he said he didn't have any but was sure that the normal size would fit - although if it didn't I couldn't return it!

When I tried to negotiate (in a very sweet way) over the returns policy / handling fee as I really did want to buy the bra but couldn't risk losing money if it didn't fit, he got really angry and started shouting down the phone at me! Saying I didn't understand how business work - err I run three of my own companies!

So i spent ages trawling the internet and came across the ultimo low back strapless bra http://www.ultimodirect.com/shop/miracle-low-back-strapless-removable-gel-550?clid=409

Sorry I can't be of more help!

t x
  • bump - in case anyone else can help!
  • I bought a fairly low-back corset from Browns in York, made by triumph. It's the 'Angel Curves' range.

http://www.brownsofyork.co.uk/products/details/3036.html

You can't see the back here, but it comes about 2 inches lower than my standard strapless bra, which was just peeking over the top of my dress. I'm going for my second fitting on wednesday so hopefully it'll all be fine.

Hope that helps!
  • Ooh just realised - you're looking for a London store! Sorry.... maybe see if any department stores near you stock Triumph? I'm fairly sure Selfridge's do...
  • blackstockblackstock Posts: 160
    have you tried ultimo they have low back bras. Hope this helps
  • Thanks for all the reply, girls. =)

I have put another response on another thread, twinkle_111. Its ashamed that their costumer service is so bad.

I am waiting for the response from Voller. But I think there is 2 inches lower than the normal corset, which is definitely not low enough for me. However, they may offer alteration. I will get back to you when they get back to me tomorrow.

Some other websites I tried : www.weddingnites.co.uk style J313, again waiting for the Helen to get back to me if they have my size.

Triumph has very good bras, But not sure if they do low back.

• Quoted:
    I bought a fairly low-back corset from Browns in York, made by triumph. It's the 'Angel Curves' range.

http://www.brownsofyork.co.uk/products/details/3036.html

You can't see the back here, but it comes about 2 inches lower than my standard strapless bra, which was just peeking over the top of my dress. I'm going for my second fitting on wednesday so hopefully it'll all be fine.

Hope that helps!

Thnanks rachel2, mine is about 4 or 4.5 inches lower than the standard strapless bra, so very difficult.
  • Quoted:
    Hi Miaomiao,

I'm in exactly the same situation as you! Have been desperately searching for a low back strapless bra and to be honest I've been struggling a bit so will be really interested to hear what everyone else comes up with.

Anyhoo back to your question! I rang Jupon (the UK distributors of the flattering me long line bras) and I was so disappointed with the customer service!

I spoke to the owner who was really just very arsey and said he wouldn't accept returns and was going to charge me a £20 handling fee in addition to the cost of the bra! When I asked about a petite size he said he didn't have any but was sure that the normal size would fit - although if it didn't I couldn't return it!

When I tried to negotiate (in a very sweet way) over the returns policy / handling fee as I really did want to buy the bra but couldn't risk losing money if it didn't fit, he got really angry and started shouting down the phone at me! Saying I didn't understand how business work - err I run three of my own companies!

So i spent ages trawling the internet and came across the ultimo low back strapless bra http://www.ultimodirect.com/shop/miracle-low-back-strapless-removable-gel-550?clid=409

Sorry I can't be of more help!

t x

twinkle_11, hello, I was thinking of ordering it from america directly, but I am worried I will end up spend as twice as much. I think the uk distributor has a lot of business at the moment and he could not be borthered about good customer services at all. The advert is a bit overwelming.

By the way, the owner coco emailed back explained the reason why he kept asking about my wedding date is because he got a new style coming out soon. How do you find the ultimo , if its low enough I think I might just get that one. I will ring them up tomorrow.

• I just posted this on another thread. Have a look at www.senselingerie.com They're in the States and have a helpful online system where you can talk to people from the shop. They will also accept returns.
  • Hey girlies (and particularly miaomiao - my new bra buddy!!)

I have given in and decided to throw some money at it! So have ordered the ultimo low back strapless bra, an ultimo basque and a panache basque to see how I get on with them and if necessary send back any that are too high.

May have to order the browns one now too!!!

Will report back on how I get on tho - thanks for all your help!

t xx
  • Quoted:
    Hey girlies (and particularly miaomiao - my new bra buddy!!)

I have given in and decided to throw some money at it! So have ordered the ultimo low back strapless bra, an ultimo basque and a panache basque to see how I get on with them and if necessary send back any that are too high.

May have to order the browns one now too!!!

Will report back on how I get on tho - thanks for all your help!

t xx

good luck twink;e_11image, I hope the ultimo works. Their customer service is really good. Let us know how you get on.
  • wedding nites got back to me, there low back bra is about 6cm lower than a standard bra under bust strap. Hope this help those who has low back not as low as mine. =)