Viewing venues!

So tomorrow I'm viewing my first three possible wedding venues in Essex, I'm so excited! I'm going to view Gaynes park, Reid rooms and high house barn. Has anyone been to view these or been to any weddings here?! Eager to find out more about them image 

• LeaMarieLeaMarie Posts: 723

Gaynes Park and Reid Rooms are both beautiful! I've not been to High House Barns, but have heard good things about them image

Have you considered Friern Manor? It is lovely, and the staff are amazing  image

• Sophia15Sophia15 Posts: 466

My little sister works at Friern Manor, I'm not that keen on it but I might view it just incase! (It would be great if she could get us a deal though!)

You might feel different about it when viewing it in your wedding thoughts!

I turned my nose up at my venue until I pictured it for my wedding - now it's perfect! haha

verdict - high house barn, nice and clean and basic for us to work with although a little small and I didn't like how it was on a road with loads of houses or that you could see the whole dartford bridge!

gaynes park - utterly amazing and everything I've ever dreamt off but it would mean going a couple of grand over budget image 

reid rooms - we really didn't like it! Really old fashioned but in a bad way with horrible carpets and sofas image 

feel like we're getting nowhere!

• Rachel DavidRachel David Posts: 140

Hi Sophia15, we've got a load of Essex venues to recommend on the site - take a look here and let us know if you find it useful - it's a new project so we're really keen to get it right for our brides!

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/venues/essex/

It looks like our dreams are coming true and we're going to be getting married at Gaynes park! image

Has anyone got married at Gaynes Park or know anyone who has? I just wondered if they were willing to negotiate prices? also, does any essex brides know any good bands we could have play at our wedding who aren't cheesy? My fiancé would LOVE a jazz band 

We're looking for a Thursday in October

• yofiel21yofiel21 Posts: 3

Congratz on picking gaynes park!

We're getting married there Feb2015 image

I'm not sure about negotiationg prizes, but I think they have an offer for the last remaining weekdays they have for 2014 weddings?

Yeah I've seen that but we're looking for the end of 2015