Can't seem to find a field or barn for rent in Newcastle /Northumberland

Found some lovely barns like Healey and crook hill hall but they are charging well over the odds. Like 5 grand!  For a bloody barn! ! I just want to find a farmer and rent his field haha

• rainbooboorainbooboo Posts: 545

I was LITERALLY about to post almost this exact request!! I may well anyway as I would consider other options. Anyway hopefully someone will come back to you - I am considering High House Farm and Brewery in Matfen which I am considering - their website is a bit lacking in info but they dont charge ANYTHING for venue hire so long as you use their catering (apparently lovely food and reasonable). Their barn isnt quite the barn I imagined though - not oodles of beams and wood as per the ones you see down south but the north east is apparently not flush with barns. Good luck! xx

• shorashora Posts: 10
    rainbooboo wrote (see post):

I was LITERALLY about to post almost this exact request!! I may well anyway as I would consider other options. Anyway hopefully someone will come back to you - I am considering High House Farm and Brewery in Matfen which I am considering - their website is a bit lacking in info but they dont charge ANYTHING for venue hire so long as you use their catering (apparently lovely food and reasonable). Their barn isnt quite the barn I imagined though - not oodles of beams and wood as per the ones you see down south but the north east is apparently not flush with barns. Good luck! xx

Haha how funny. Yeah I asked them for a brochure in June.  They never sent it. Didn't realise it was free!!! Catering is quite important to me so it would have to be excellent as wanted to get my own. I might ask for another brochure. I've found wonderful places in the lakes at reasonable prices.  Just need to find some here.  Northumberland is beautiful I don't understand why it lacks places.  I've been looking for campsites to rent out as really struggling to find fields.  

• Hi shora have you had any luck in finding somewhere?xx

• loolah1loolah1 Posts: 396

Healy Barn?

• Wedderburn Barns in Scotland or Healey Barn?