Help with choosing a traditional wedding venue in Manchester

Hi Guys!

So... Me and my beautiful fiance have finally taken the big step of getting engaged! 

We have spoken for a while about what type of wedding we wanted, and now that we are engaged we have got down to the serious planning. We both decided that we want a venue which is very traditional and is close to home (Manchester, UK) as this we are both from there as are most of our friends & family. 

The best venue we've seen so far is Manchester Hall, which is the former Freemasons Hall - and it really just oozes in tradition. We really like it, but we don't want to rush into anything!

So really just wondering if anyone has been married in somewhere traditional in or around Manchester and be able to throw out a few suggestions? Would be massively appreciated!

Thanks 

• MrsE2016MrsE2016 Posts: 1,206 New bride

The Albert Hall in Manchester is available to hire for weddings, or if you want something smaller what about either Great John Street Hotel, King Street Town House or Didsbury House Hotel?

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Manchester cathedral?

• MrsE2016MrsE2016 Posts: 1,206 New bride

Ooh Gorton Monastery is beautiful too!

• Thank you guys! I've checked out the websites and have arranged to have a viewing. I'll be sure to let you all know when I've made my decision!