Peckforton Castle/Froyle Park! Help!

Hi there,

We love Peckforton Castle (Cheshire), with Froyle Park (Hampshire) coming close second. I've found some really bad reviews for both, some good too, but all the reviews are quite outdated. They're both a lot of money and without sounding snobbish I pretty much expect perfection within reason for that kind of money.

Does anyone have any experience of either of these venues? We want to put our deposit down soon and I'm getting really scared now :(

Thank you!

Beth xx

• ShitGotRealShitGotReal Posts: 435 New bride

I went to a wedding at Peckforton last year and it was beautiful. The bedrooms are old fashioned, but big and clean (and its a castle, theyre not going to be all white and chrome) The ceremony/reception rooms are grand and impressive and the room change arounds didn't seem a hassle as the rooms were right next door to each other. Make sure you get use of the cellar bar for when they close the main room, they fill it with candles and its gorgeous! 

• ShitGotReal wrote (see post):

I went to a wedding at Peckforton last year and it was beautiful. The bedrooms are old fashioned, but big and clean (and its a castle, theyre not going to be all white and chrome) The ceremony/reception rooms are grand and impressive and the room change arounds didn't seem a hassle as the rooms were right next door to each other. Make sure you get use of the cellar bar for when they close the main room, they fill it with candles and its gorgeous! 

Thank you for replying! So much pressure making sure you get the right place, fun too though. How was the service? And did you get breakfast? Those have been the biggest complaints I've seen. Sorry for all the questions!

• ShitGotRealShitGotReal Posts: 435 New bride

Breakfast was fab, i remember that much. 

The only think i remember about the service was that they had an owl deliver them the rings! oh, and they cut the cake with a sword!

• ShitGotReal wrote (see post):

Breakfast was fab, i remember that much. 

The only think i remember about the service was that they had an owl deliver them the rings! oh, and they cut the cake with a sword!

Sorry I meant the waiting staff service. Lots of people have said it was slow and useless? Thats brilliant news about the breakfast though :)

• I actually looked around Peckforton Castle and Crewe Hall. Before going I had fallen in love with Peckforton. I had been looking at it long before I was engaged. However on visiting, and I know it's a castle I just found it didn't seem very friendly especially for our older guests. There were random steps all over the place. When I asked about lifts the guy was really condescending and said oh yes we have these pointing to those chair stair lifts. Like my fiancés or my grandparents would want to go in one of those on our wedding day! Also they only did one menu choice, no changes were allowed and they just seemed very strict and it was soooo expensive!

Crewe Hall on the other hand the staff have been super friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. They let us have 3 choices for each course. And have even said we can make small adjustments to those and if guests have individual requirements they can be accommodated. There was also a proper lift for our grandparents. It was also a lot cheaper. Our final price at Crewe when we get married is going to be less than what the starting price at Peckforton Castle would have been. 

Inhave no idea about Froyle Park. I hope that helps. :-)

• MrsH12MrsH12 Posts: 513 New bride

I got married at Peckforton Castle in August 2016. Everything was perfect, staff were amazing and so accommodating! 

Everyone said the wedding breakfast was amazing and the service was prompt. 

Evening bar staff were brill as well

If you want to ask me anything else just msg me :)

• Peely wrote (see post):

I got married at Peckforton Castle in August 2016. Everything was perfect, staff were amazing and so accommodating! 

Everyone said the wedding breakfast was amazing and the service was prompt. 

Evening bar staff were brill as well

If you want to ask me anything else just msg me :)

Thanks very much :) We're going to see it on Sunday. I have already been with my Mum, so fingers crossed my fiance likes it!