anyone else having a pub venue?

There's some really nice pubs around with gardens & a lot of the food looks quite fancy, just wondered if there's any other brides/grooms to be looking at pub venues?  

do you know any costs? (I haven't got that far yet!)

are you having any extras such as photo booth or is there just not enough space?  

would love to know your ideas 

• Victoria197Victoria197 Posts: 720

We are having a pub for our blessing when we get back. Still small numbers - 30 with a set menu. I am so lucky I live in the Cotswolds where there are some amazing pubs and churches. We have the choice between 3 fabulous ones that are less that 5 minutes away us 1) The Inn at Lower Slaughter (was featured in an article about pubs for weddings on this website) 2) The Feathered Nest at Nether Westcote or the 3) Kings Head at Bledington. All stunning venues with amazing food. Prices vary between £30 and £70 per head for food alone. No rental charges for the venue though, and all have said I can bring some table decorations.

As its a pub, unless you have exclusive use I wouldn't consider adding all of the other props such as photo booths

• Mrs_BadgerMrs_Badger Posts: 1,440

I'm not having a traditional wedding reception, we are having a very small wedding followed by a sit down three course meal in one of our favourite pubs (without being snobby - its not an Eastend style pub/ bit more upmarket).  We're not having a toastmaster, cake cutting, etc etc... Just a meal.

Its costing us £40 a head for 22 people.  Nothing else is included, no canapés, no drinks on arrival.

Hope that helps.

• k_mack_mac Posts: 35

We are! 🙋🏻 Having our reception at a pub in Leadenhall Market. No cost to hire (the citys dead on the weekend), just a minimum spend that we'll put towards canapés, drinks and our wedding breakfast.

• BekhaGBekhaG Posts: 584 New bride

My friends had a pub reception and it was lovely, very informal and party- like. I thought it was good and suited them as a couple. I think it was very cheap to put on as well- which is why they'll have done it, they got married very young when they didn't have much cash.

• AureaAurea Posts: 46

We are having a pub venue as well. It has a semi-separate building for functions though and can fit up to 120 people. It's in London and has a minimum spend of £5000 plus 12.5% service charge. A three-course meal is £35 pp plus service charge. They provide you with tables, linen etc and we can pretty much do anything we want with it. We will have a photo booth and live band. imageimage

• thanks for the replies :) 

wow Aurea that looks amazing!  

the pub I'm looking at is tucked away & looks like it's in the countryside has a big outdoor area with a playground will be good as we have quite a few children being invited. also can put up a marquee with starlight ceiling for dancing.. no idea of the price yet.  

how far in advance can you book a pub? 

• AureaAurea Posts: 46

GlitterBlush Thanks!

We found ours about a year before the wedding date so the lady who deals with functions told us that we can book as soon as we have our ceremony sorted and booked ;) 

• Suzie1974Suzie1974 Posts: 126

Hi glitterblush,

We are having a pub reception. The Riflemans arms the food there is absolutely beautiful and that's why I picked to have our wedding breakfast there was because food is lovely. We have had many Sunday lunches there.

I don't have to pay any hire charge and holds up to 120 people, we are having 100 guests in the day and it's  £25.00 per head including table decorations and chair covers. We can choose either fresh flowers or balloons for the tables to my colour choice. I'm having flowers. Burgundy and blush roses. Also having a buffet for the evening.  I'm not having any evening guests 100 is my total. I've also booked a magician and caricaturist. 😉

!

• MrsMGMrsMG Posts: 359

I am having my ceremony at the town hall and then the reception at a local pub/hotel and having a buffet instead of 3 course meals since we want it to be relaxed and like a party and not formal, because we aren't formal at all :p we got the hotel, food and room hire for £500