Planning a Malta Wedding

Hi everyone,

My partner and myself are starting out planning our wedding in Malta 2019 and I've got a few questions for anyone that might be in the same process or anyone who has been Married in Malta.

First of all would you recommend a wedding planner and if so which one?! The fees of the wedding planner seem to bump up the overall price of the wedding quite a bit, how easy is it to plan a wedding abroad without a planner? Can you just hire a planner towards the end to help with the actual running of the wedding?

Venue wise we're looking at villa Bologna or Palazzo Parisio, has anyone visited these places and are they as beautiful as they look in the pics :) any pros and cons of these venues would be massively appreciated to help us make a decision, we're hoping to get out in a couple months to view venues  but I'm starting to panic that availability of dates will start running out so may be prepared to book a venue beforehand :)

any advice at all greatly appreciated :) 

x

• Jen81Jen81 Posts: 2

Hi Daisy

I think if you've got lots of patience and are prepared to spend a lot of time organising you could do it yourself-but the Maltese aren't renowned for their speed or urgency so it could get frustrating. You'd defo need to go over a couple of times b4 maybe too to plan.

We're using a planner, we don't have the time or need the stress as won't get over to Malta before our Wedding, we are using English wedding planners Michelle and Lee from Weddings in Malta www.weddingsinmalta.com.  They have been amazing and can't praise them highly enough.

I'd suggest speaking to Michelle and lee though as they are lovely, and could let you know there prices and services.

Hope that helps x

• Hi Daisy90, I was just wondering did you plan your own wedding in the end or opt for a planner. Im just trying to decide the same myself.

Thanks

• Hey! what did you decide on ?? Palazzo parisio is amazing, I went to visit it a few months ago for a venue and I am really considering it.

• Hi there For the couples who don’t hire a planner they are often mentally exhausted from stress, emotions, and the constant process of making countless decisions that by the time their wedding rolls around, they are ready for it to be over.

When it comes to the day of your wedding, the most important thing is that you are able to relax and enjoy it. You are getting married!!!

As far as I know, the starting cost for a day-of wedding planner in the U.S. is $800 with starting rates for higher-end planners averaging $1,200 to $3,000...

It really depends on your needs and your budget. Kisses!