Lake como wedding... where to have wedding?

hi, im hoping to get married in Lake Como in 2019.

we are going over to visit this year in April.

We cant really afford to get married in a Villa, the ones iv looked at online are just so expensive.

I really want to stick to a low budget if possible.

we have thought of doing the ceremony in the Town Hall in Ossuccio. I was wondering if anyone else had got married there or went to visit there while over in Italy?

we thought would have the reception at an hotel close by. we have found a few we like the look of but are open to any recommendations that people may have that have visited Lake Como and noticed a nice hotel or stayed in a nice one. I really want lake and mountain view. also we have around 40 guests

or if anyone can tell me their villa experiences and prices the ones that aren't too expensive  that would help also.

And any other help is appreciated flowers, phographer etc

thanks

Malissa xx

• MrsT2017MrsT2017 Posts: 224 New bride

Hi I got married at Villa Cipressi in Varenna last year and also had our reception there. Cannot recommend it highly enough. Please go visit in April!! The food, the staff the views were all out of this world!!’ no better place than Lake Como to get married! Enjoy x

• malissa-malissa- Posts: 6

thank you, we will defo go and see it. Do you mind me asking how it was for whole day ? 

• MrsT2017MrsT2017 Posts: 224 New bride

Hi Melissa, it was 1,200 to rent the space for the actual wedding and 1000 for the town hall fee. The reception Dinner was 170 euros per head but that included soooo much food and wine per person (apperitivo buffet, first course, fish course, second course buffet of desserts and a wedding cake And champagne!!  We never ran out of anything and the staff were beyond brilliant!!! Varenna is just beautiful I’m sure you’ll love it! oh and if you need hair/makeup can highly recommend Daniela Guanziroli the studio, she’s worth every penny!! X

• malissa-malissa- Posts: 6

Thank you it’s a big help x

• Hi Malissa, 

Firstly, congratulations! Anywhere in Italy is perfect for a wedding but how amazing would Lake Como be?! (and you might see George Clooney ;-) ) 

I'm a wedding photographer, I'm based in the UK but travel all over for destination weddings too. I've done a few in Italy and honestly you just can't beat them - so laid back and just perfect surroundings wherever you are.

I'd love to be considered for you day! I shoot documentary style, so not too posey but will always incorporate the surroundings, especially somewhere like that.

My website is samanthakayphotography.co.uk if you would like to have a look.

Lots of love

Sam xx

• Hi Melissa! I'm a wedding photographer based in Norway. 
    I'm planning to go to lake Como in 2019, but the dates aren't settled yet. I got married at lake Como myself, and i think it's one of  the most incredible places in the world. We didn't have a huge budget, however we got a dream wedding there!
    We got married at Villa Cipressi (Varenna) and had a symbolic ceremony there. It's such a beautiful place! 
    After that we went to Villa del Balbianello for our bridal shoot. It was much cheaper that way rather than booking wedding at Villa del Balbianello, and at the same time we got amazing photos from there!

Feel free to ask if you have more questions!
    I'd like to offer you my photography services! Take a look at my page:
    http://tsfotodesign.no/lakecomowedding/
    and my instagram account: @tsfotodesign.no
    and let me know if you need a photographer! I have really good prices compared to many local photographers who charge a fortune.
    Best regards
    Tanja