Wedding Venues in Essex

Hi Ladies,

Looking for venues in the Essex area - does anyone have any recommendations or know of any open days?

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,471 New bride

What kind of venue are you looking for?  Hotel, barn?  There are a lot of Essex brides on here- it is the most popular county to get married in apparently!  Happy to share some of my finds, but depends on what you are looking for 

• Amy523Amy523 Posts: 1

I'm going for an open day on the 18th August at Rivenhall Oaks Pavilion! Looks lovely from the photos! 

The websites here: https://www.rivenhalloaksgolf.com/wedding-open-days/

• Kelly301Kelly301 Posts: 2
    britbird wrote (see post):

What kind of venue are you looking for?  Hotel, barn?  There are a lot of Essex brides on here- it is the most popular county to get married in apparently!  Happy to share some of my finds, but depends on what you are looking for 

I'm open to anything at the moment! A barn would be fantastic but anything with a beautiful scenery is preferable! 

Thank you for your help!

• MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,349 New bride

it isn't Essex (but not far, about an hour from Southend) but my friend got married at Woodhall Mannor recently - beautiful!

Colville Hall (I am getting married there)

Reid Rooms

Cronden Park

Gaynes Park

Maidens Barn

Marks Hall Gardens

Great Lodge

Orsett Hall

Down Hall

Prested Hall

Hedingham Castle

Braxted Park

The only one I actually viewed was Colville, as we fell in love, but I know of the others- not all my style, but should give you a good idea of some options out there.  We shortlisted Colville, Mark Hall Gardens and Great Lodge.  

Oh and Channels as well

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,454 New bride

I go to a lot of weddings in Essex & the Suffolk borders as my fiance is from there, I've been to all these venues and they have been  lovely - Crabbs Barn was probably my favourite though!

Crabbs Barn

Parklands Quendon Hall

Smeetham Hall Barn

The Lawn in Rochford

Chichester Hotel, Wickford

The Rochford Hotel

• KatyMKatyM Posts: 32

I second Marks Hall, it has beautiful surroundings and they seemed flexible when we were discussing packages with them - you could either go all-in where they arrange food etc or you could do DIY and sort your own bits out. They also limit the amount of weddings that they have and when you hire it you get the day before and day after included in the hire, good in case you want to set up / clear away yourself.

We also viewed Maiden's Barn which was really pretty but quite restrictive and pricey not sure there is much in terms of nice surroundings / outside space for photographs

Gaynes Park was lovely looking but again restrictive and pricey and when we were shown around staff seemed really rude and were trying to cram viewings in (they had another couple coming around with our viewing it was quite uncomfortable)

Old Brook Barn is supposed to be nice too, we never got to view it though.

You might want to look at Preston Court in Kent too, again we never got to view it but it looked lovely.

I've been to a wedding at Hedingham Castle and LOVE the grounds there, really lovely gardens.

• Jan17Jan17 Posts: 30

I can recommend Prested Hall (Feering near Colchester) I recently got married there and everyone complimented us on how lovely the day was and how nice the venue is. The staff are extremely friendly and help you through the whole process, I am the type of person who gets stressed easily but found planning the wedding was completely  painless thanks to our lovely wedding planner. the venue was exclusively ours for the day and the food amazing. We could not fault Prested Hall at all.

Their next open day is 5th August.

• Not sure if you ever found anything suitable, but I am getting married at Old Brook Barn, the place is beautiful, it is based just past Epping (although the post code says Romford). 

Someone I know got married at Braxted Park last week and it looked beautiful.

Hope you found somewhere nice xx

• I’m getting married at Apton Hall in Rochford, it’s beautiful. 

Georgina95 wrote (see post):

I’m getting married at Apton Hall in Rochford, it’s beautiful. 

That looks lovely, it wasn't open when we started looking - my fiance is from Rochford!

• Ohh really! This is only its first year, it was still being done up when we first looked round :) only heard good things from people who have already had their weddings there (was a bit apprehensive about it being so new.) I would definitely say its worth a visit in person only because photos don’t really do it justice! 

We would definitely have looked had it been open when we started looking, it looks lovely - and the Rochford/Southend area has a lack of nice wedding venues except The Lawn really!

We actually booked a venue in my home town in Kent in the end as there is a lot more choice round here.