Room dressing and table centres

Hi all i am new here, wedding is in 2 years and i am eager to start the planning.   Can anybody share some idea on how much it costs for somebody to dress the room?  table/chair covers, centre pieces etc anything else i need to think about to make the room look magical.  Do the same people usually do the flowers too? 

• Mrs2018Mrs2018 Posts: 398

We are having our reception room dressed with chair covers and double bows, table runners and centre pieces at £3.99 a chair as a package. We are also paying for the ceremony room to be dressed with the chair covers and bows plus the table where we sign and I think that's  £1.50 a chair. Then the wishing well is £40. I think I've got room dressing at a good price tbh as it's only came to around £260.

We have paid for the flowers from a different company that is recommended by our venue dresser. 

• Places vary hugely, I was quoted between £600 and £1300 (not including centrepieces). Thats for 100 waterfall chair covers, 100 gold charger plates, 10 sequin table runners, sequin table cover for cake table & sweet table, gold frames for table numbers and a cream post box for cards etc. My florist is organising table centerepieces and they're £60 a table. Make sure you get a few quotes so you can barter with them, I found places generally charge around £40-50 for delivery & collection but some of the quotes also included a 'styling fee' which varied from £70-250 which I honestly think is taking the p***, if you're charging me £350 for chair covers I expect folding the piece of cloth around me chair to be included in the price!

• Thanks for Sharing