Swallows Oast Ticehurst - Anyone?

Has any one that reads my post (if any one does!) been to a wedding at Swallows Oast Ticehurst or had your wedding there? If so please could I have a chat....? Xxx

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,454 New bride

I haven't, but my SIL has been to a wedding there as her best friend had her reception there - what do you need to know?

• MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

I haven't, but my SIL has been to a wedding there as her best friend had her reception there - what do you need to know?

So i am having whole day and evening there, which I had no concerns over whatsoever - although it is a small area they say they can cater for 100 day guests and more for the evening & the time between room changeover obviously works well usually as they have weddings there every week. But now my toast master has visited and voiced some concerns about the fluidity of the day - I have a marquee as well which we decorate a little and have some photos etc .. I was assuming we will ask guests to move into there while the Oast is being changed over. I guess I wanted some reassurance about how smoothly it all went for someone who had a whole daye there

I can ask her - I know she got married at Wadhurst Castle so she only had a turnaround between the wedding breakfast and evening.

I will say I've been to a wedding at Crabbs Barn in Essex, a very similar venue,  where the room was turned round twice and it was fine. People mingled in the gardens and there was a summer house type building where they served drinks, and I guess if it was wet we would have all been in there while the turnarounds happened.

I went to another in November last year at Smeetham Hall Barn and we all mingled and had drinks in a small attached marquee while the main barn was turned round.