Edinburgh Waldorf Astoria (Caledonian) Hotel - thoughts?

So my original budget is quickly going out the window the more I look at this venue.. I'm from Edinburgh and LOVE the idea of a city centre venue for several reasons - its easier for me as I live in the centre, easier for guests many of whom are coming from abroad, and just because I love the city. However, Edinburgh is EXPENSIVE! I've fallen in love with this venue, its gorgeous and so central. I was wondering if there are any Waldorf Astoria brides in the house who could share their experience getting married here? Also, was it worth the money? (as it is defo on the pricier side...)

• HanlawHanlaw Posts: 31

Edinburgh bride here too! Didn’t end up choosing the Caledonian, but it was one of my options! It is really beautiful but I didnt like the lighting, as I found it too dark. But definitely worth a look at!

Signet Library & the Balmoral are also good Edinburgh city centre venues! I ended up going with Hopetoun House! but goodluck venue hunting! 

• Hanlaw wrote (see post):

Edinburgh bride here too! Didn’t end up choosing the Caledonian, but it was one of my options! It is really beautiful but I didnt like the lighting, as I found it too dark. But definitely worth a look at!

Signet Library & the Balmoral are also good Edinburgh city centre venues! I ended up going with Hopetoun House! but goodluck venue hunting! 

Thanks for replying! Are you getting married next year too? I've had a look at the Balmoral and have a meeting there this week! I think it'll be a close call between the two, but feel like (from the brochures and info i have so far) Cali might be slightly less expensive and offers a bit more (table decor etc.) I LOVE Hopetoun house... what a gorgeous venue! I hope you have a wonderful day :)

• HanlawHanlaw Posts: 31
    Becca38 wrote (see post):
    Hanlaw wrote (see post):

Thanks for replying! Are you getting married next year too? I've had a look at the Balmoral and have a meeting there this week! I think it'll be a close call between the two, but feel like (from the brochures and info i have so far) Cali might be slightly less expensive and offers a bit more (table decor etc.) I LOVE Hopetoun house... what a gorgeous venue! I hope you have a wonderful day :)

No I am getting married in October 2020, currently booked photographer and venue! Just taking my time with it, but I wish its next year now that I started planning 😂

Oh exciting! I really liked The Balmoral, but I wanted a private outdoor space to take photo’s. I think the reason for the balmoral being so pricey is the food seems to charge the same as Number One! but let us know which venue you end up choosing! 

• MrsNWMrsNW Posts: 59 New bride

We got married at the Signet Library two weeks ago and honestly can't recommend an Edinburgh city centre wedding enough - we loved it! Good luck with all your planning :)