Small ish venue for 40-50 help!

Hello  :) I’m new to this forum and relatively newly engaged (end of September). We have recently decided to have a smallish wedding with around 40-50 guests and I’m wondering if anyone has any recommendations for venues? We are happy to travel anywhere in the U.K. and we love to idea of Cornwall or Devon. I’ve done the usual google searching but would love some ideas from here to. Thanks in advance xx

• Sian91Sian91 Posts: 829 New bride
    What type of venue are you looking for and what sort of budget and vibe? We got married in Cornwall and there are so many gorgeous places to choose from in that area. 
  • You will find many venues have higher minimum numbers than 40, though 50 is ahout right. Some venues only allow one wedding a day, and these will only have one large room for a wedding which they will want to fill to capacity. These you will find will want higher numbers. Other larger venues may have more than one wedding banqueting room and will be able to accommodate smaller weddings in a smaller banqueting room, so could accommodate you. However for a smaller more intimate wedding, you really want to be the only wedding the venue holds on your day, not be crowded out by other weddings and other guests in a large hotel. If you fancy traveling to Wales, Brecon Beacons, and have 50 guests to your wedding breakfast, then the Last Minute and Friday Wedding Packages at Craig y Nos Castle are worth looking at. You are probably looking for a small country house hotel that will accept 40 to 50. The first question in your case will always be "what are your minimum numbers" - and Last Minute deals will tend to allow for lower numbers as well. 
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,187 New bride

My venue does weddings for small numbers, in fact I think their packages are based on 50 people but they are happy to go smaller as it's not a huge venue - The Barn in Tunbridge Wells.

Lots of pubs and restaurants do weddings now and tend to be smaller than grand houses so happier with smaller numbers.