Picking a venue: Moxhull Hall Vs Prestwold Hall - help needed!

Hi, my fiance and I have been looking at venues across the Midlands over the last month or so, and our two favourites to chose between are Moxhull Hall near Sutton Coldfield and Prestwold Hall near Loughborough (both about 45 minutes from our hometown). I believe both venues can cater for our main requirements of:
  • Outdoor civil wedding option/with indoor alternative
  • Pretty photo opps
  • Accommodation/bridal prep room on site
  • Street food in the evening
  • Can hold about 90 day guests and 120 evening
  • Different rooms/areas for different parts of the day
They are very different in style (old and modern) but are pretty much the same price and I think our 'travel' theme would work in both. Both have availability (Moxhull only have one Saturday left), but with a limited hold date we need to pick quick and are having trouble deciding.

Has anyone been to either who can give us some feedback,  or equally can advise on how to pick ;)??

Thanks, Sarah

• CE26 (her screen name) did a planning thread and report about 2 years ago on Prestwold.  She didn't quite finish either, but I think there's enough there to get a feel as what it was like working with them.  You can just enter her screen name or Prestwold in the search bar on the forum to find it.
  • CE26CE26 Posts: 349 New bride
    The Prestwold team were fantastic! 

Nothing was too much trouble for them. Their chef even did a special meal for a particularly awkward guest and she still raves about how good it was 2 years later. Everyone loved the food and the service was excellent both in the run up and on the day itself. 

It's a great space as there are different rooms / outdoor areas your guests can use - it really feels like yours for the day and looks great in photos. We had a November wedding so the fires were lit for us too which was lovely. 

We also liked Coombe Abbey for completely different reasons but Prestwold won because of the exclusivity. 
  • @CE26 how nice of you to come back and put in a good word for Prestwold and to help out sarahmaia88.
    I've always said more former brides should stick around and do things like this.