Manor by the Lake or alternate venue?

Found what would be the ideal venue Manor by the Lake but felt it was missing the slight WOW factor, as we drove past a supermarket with a building site next door to the turn in. It took me by surprise although once we drove in the venuevwss stunning.

It had everything I want for small wedding of 24 guests, it has many rooms
But 3 rooms suitable for Ceremony, Wedding Breakfast and a beautiful evening entertainment section with bar, as well as accommodation. The house and rooms were stunning but the WOW factor went again with the view from the rooms, my heartbreak a little. But the manor has stunning, old architecture feeling and beautiful gardens.

Now do I suck it up and get married here as it ticks so many boxes, or do I look elsewhere?

Happy to look in the following areas:
  • Gloucestershire
  • Staffordshire
  • Peak District
  • Cotswolds

Opinions appreciated 😁

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,619 New bride
    If you like the venue book it, no one is going to judge it because there is a supermarket nearby! 
    My venue is town centre so nearby there are clothes shops, banks, a kebab shop and a train station...they aren't relevant to my venue's offering IMO.
  • Laura GraceLaura Grace Posts: 327 New bride
    Oh, it's an amazing venue!  If you are able to go there then I definitely would - it absolutely has the wow factor. You can't see any of the things you mentioned from the venue, once you're in the grounds it is so private and secluded, simply beautiful.  I didn't go in all the rooms, but the view from the bridal suite was lovely - you can see lots of the grounds etc.  It really is an idyllic venue.  I photographed one of my very first weddings there  (I really landed on my feet with that one haha!) and would go back any day.

I guess if you feel it is a compromise though, then perhaps you should look elsewhere.  One of the other venues that I adore in the areas that you listed is Kingscote Barn in Tetbury.  There is nothing nearby - the views are pure countryside.  It doesn't have as many rooms as Manor by the Lake, but would definitely be worth a look.  Here are some photos that I took if you want a nosey: https://www.lauragracephotography.co.uk/single-post/2018/10/01/Previews-Kirsty-Scott-Kingscote-Barn 

The only other venue that I know of in the area would be Elmore Court, but that is probably more suited to larger weddings.  Happy planning xx
  • MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 896 New bride
    edited 13 January
    Not really got any advice but just popping on to say I absolutely loved mannor by the lake and was gutted it was out of our budget. Its an absolutely stunning venue. I am so jealous! 🤣
    As said above I've been to a wedding at kingscote and that was beautiful too!
  • I got married at manor by the lake, like you when we drove past the supermarket etc I straight away discounted it ( I imagined a long county driveway) however once we Parked up and did the main walk towards the manor I defo got the wow factor and immediately forgot about the location. Infact I grew to love the fact it is where it is, definitely an element of surprise for your guests that don’t know then venue. Any way the point of this is we had the best wedding day and so many of our guest commented that it was the best venue they had ever been too. If you need anything else to sell you on it, the staff both planing and on the day are absolutely incredible and will make your day perfect! Xx