Lake Como wedding venues...

Hi, me and my fiance have our hearts set on a wedding in Lake Como having spent an amazing few days there last year for his 50th birthday.  We visited Villa de Balbianello and for Christmas he bought me a 'Qwerkus Ilex' tree (the amazing shaped trees in the gardens there) which he planted in the garden and then on Christmas Day, he proposed to me by the tree with our three children there also (we have 3 beautiful children and have been together for 20 years!) - it was all beautiful and we could think of nowhere else that we would want to get married other than Lake Como, Villa de Balbianello.  However, we've just received costs back for a wedding ceremony there for 50 (meal at a separate location after) and its coming in around 28k sterling which doesn't include hotels, flights, dress etc. etc. plus we were also wanting to have a big party in the UK for all those unable to attend our wedding in Lake Como so we need to keep costs under control and have a re-think! As much as this is my dream wedding location we seriously cannot justify spending that amount of money on 1 day when we have 3 daughters and so many other things to spend money on!! My only criteria really is that the venue and evening reception have views of the lake and that the food is good plus we can have a little dance in the evening!  Does anyone have any suggestions at all... I'm thinking we may also try to reduce the number from 50 to around 40 maybe but that may not make much difference to overall costs..? At this stage though we just need to find somewhere a little more cost efficient! Does anyone have any suggestions as I feel like I'm searching for a needle in a haystack at the mo!?!! Many thanks for any help you can give... xxx

• Hi,
    I'm an Italian  destination wedding planner, I organize weddings for foreign wedding couples in Lake Como,  I know it's a very exclusive  area! Maybe I can help you, I know many wedding venues, you can write me directly at [email protected]
     I would be glad to help you fto ind a solution!

All my best,

Michela
  • Hi Michela, I have just messaged you... many thanks, Jane