Register office

Hi i am looking  for some help. Myself and partner are getting married in the register office and i was told about this interview you have beforehand, i don't want him to see me in my dress though so can i meet the registrar on my own. 

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,086 New bride
    You have to see the registrar on your own! So don't panic 😀
  • Oh thank you. I just thought after so much planning it would be pointless for him to stand in the same room before the ceremony. Someone told me you pay on the day too is this correct?
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,086 New bride

You have to see the registrar separately so they can check you aren't being forced into the marriage.

In my area you have to pay 3 months before, we get married in August and have to have paid the registrar by May. I've never heard of paying on the day. I would suggest you ring them and ask these questions, once we had booked they sent us a confirmation letter explaining what we needed to do to give notice and when the payment was due.

• Well we live in Birmingham and we have booked the appointment to give notice on the 4th of Feb and then this apparently flags up at the register office its taking place at and then they send out a info pack so i guess that will tell us when to pay. Thank you for you help