Anyone getting/got married at Ruthin Castle?

Hello! We've got our wedding booked for 2020 at Ruthin Castle. Anyone else familiar with the venue? How do/did you find it (good and bad welcome!).

TIAx

• Gem88Gem88 Posts: 17 New bride
    Stayed for a night once, what a gorgeous place. You're a lucky lady getting married there!
    There was a big thunderstorm while we there it was amazing watching the rain come down it felt like we were on a film set. 
    Hope it's a beautiful day for you. I'm sure it will be lovely it's a great hotel, even the standard rooms are gorgeous from what I remember.
  • MabelcatBMabelcatB Posts: 13 New bride
    @Gem88 ah lovely! Thank you!
  • MabelcatB I’m looking at Ruthin Castle as possible wedding venue too! Are you able to tell me roughly how much it costs?
  • No but I’ve been to a wedding there and it was beautiful, gorgeous venue! 
  • MabelcatB I’m looking at Ruthin Castle as possible wedding venue too! Are you able to tell me roughly how much it costs?
    The basic package of 70 guests, sit down dinner, evening buffet and one glass of wine was around £7k I think. It's one of the cheaper places around that area, but it's not exclusive use so there could be hotel guests in the bar with you. The ceremony room, reception room and side terrace are exclusive for weddings though.