Forum home Weddings abroad

Just booked for cuba feb 08

2»

• burcaffburcaff Posts: 386
    sorry Jo, it's just worying us cos our wedding is so close...........we are probably panicking unecesarily.

Yes pretty much all set........in touch with our Cuban wedding planner at the hotel which is great - just in the process of boking al the extras - masage, hair, makeup etc

very excited

Emma xxx
  • jobabyukjobabyuk Posts: 366
    i can't wait for all that stuff to come through in the post. how many of you are going

Whats your dress like?

Jo x

only the two of us ( long story - Andy's got a big family & I am not in contact with my parents )..then we're having a big reception the day after come back.

its light gold 2 piece - a beaded bodice and a long a line skirt. Its quite plain but I love it. unfortunately, there is no website link to give you.

I bet you're getting excited now its booked Xx
    that will be nice, your dress sounds gorgeous! yeah we're gonna have reception about a week after we get back, got to get it booked. have you been to the melia cayo cayo before ems?

No I haven't..........

it's weird really..we stayed in a melia hotel in Guardalavca about 15 months go - and in the reception area were brochures on all their other Cuban Hotels......I saw the water bungalows at the Cayo Coco hotel & said to Andy that if I ever got married it'd be there...........( andy hadn't proposed at that point) and as it turns out we're ending up getting married there.....

it's weird cos when we were looking at getting married abroad, we were looking at Antigua & St Lucia............but we've ended up in Cuba.

Delighted Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We looked at both those places too, but they was so much more exspensive than cuba without anything extra to show for it really... melia cayo cayo looks beautiful. where are you from x

I know............the compromise would have been to stay in a 2 star hotel....not really what you'd wish for for your wedding/honeymoon.

I'm from Manchester what about you Jo xx??
    I'm from manchester too Em's. where you holding your reception? x
    fantastic!! another northerner!!

I'm originally from Sale, but now live in Stalybridge..

we've hired a stone country pub near to us for the day. ( we're starting the reception at 4pm for photos )

Where are you thinking of having your reception ?
    Not sure yet. we're still looking, we've contacted the novetel in worsley and the bury village hotel upto now but i really fancy something a bit older really as these are both very new and modern inside, i need to go have a proper look at both of them. yours sounds wonderful x
    Not sure yet. we're still looking, we've contacted the novetel in worsley and the bury village hotel upto now but i really fancy something a bit older really as these are both very new and modern inside, i need to go have a proper look at both of them. yours sounds wonderful x
    Hey Jo, I lived in swinton until last year - do you not fancy the 17th century worsley courthouse ??

we hired it for a surprise party for our parents 2 yrs ago - you don't pay for the venue as long as you use their caterers.........it cost us about £600 to feed 80 guests and it was the best hot buffet I've ever had!

have also been to a wedding at the novotel..it was great!

Emma Xxxxxxxxxx
    Do you know rach williams, or kelly williams... why the move?

Yeah my friend mentioned there to me, it sounds like it's worth a look....

I really need to get my head in gear and get somewhere booked!!!!

Thanks for the idea Ems x