Forum home Weddings abroad

Melia Cayo Coco or Cayo Guillermo

Anyone got / getting married at either of these? Would appreciate feedback and photos. Particularly interested to know if location of ceremony is quite private, what you did after the wedding and if the photographer and quality of pics was okay.

Email : [email protected]

• paulafosterukpaulafosteruk Posts: 1,027
    hi i'm not getting marred at either but have stayed at the melia cayo coco. when i was there there was a few weddings. one of them was just above the pool, well set back and above. they had rose petals scattered thru the reception which the bride walked through. although it was near the pool it was semi private. another one was on the beach. the hotel was lovely (no offence to kids but it was nice to be able to relax by the pool without kids jumping on top of you) after the ceremony the wedding party went to the italian restaurant which the hotal closed to everyone else and had a meal in private.

i really liked it here. obviously cuban hotels aren't as fancy as some but it was clean and the staff were friendly. the only thing is apart from the other hotals and the weekly dance/nightclub thing there isn't a great deal around. we never got board though

xxx