Moon Palace Brides

Hi ladies

Just wondering what your having for your reception at the Moon Palace....?? We're having just a sit down meal in one of the restaurants but I don't know what to do after that....?? what are the rest of you contemplating....???

also where do you plan to get married... gazebo or on the beach???

Thanks in advance!

Ana

xx

• annouskaannouska Posts: 173
    Hi there

I am having a cocktail party for an hour then having a private reception after maybe for about 4 hours.

I would like to get married in one of the gazebos.

So far I have 35 people booked as a group to come to our wedding. There still should be another 15 to 20 more people to book.

I am trying to decide what kind of favors to have. I like the beach theme favors.

What is everyone else doing for favors?
  • MrsJENMrsJEN Posts: 194
    Hi Girls

I'm not getting married in Mexico anymore but I had originally chosen Moon Palace to get married and have a full report from another bride who got married there that could be very useful to you. The lady was selling her report on ebay for £3.50 which I paid for and still have stored on my computer. I would happily send you the report if you post your email address. I also have a few pics of the gazebo that my cousin sent me as she went there on her honeymoon.

Good luck with your plans, I think you have chosen a stunning venue xx

Janine xx
  • annouskaannouska Posts: 173
    Hi Nissi 09

I would love to read a report my e-mail is [email protected]

what made you change your mind from mexico to cyprus?
  • MrsJENMrsJEN Posts: 194
    Hi

Too cut a long story short, we both had our hearts set on Moon Palace then mil2b said there was no way she would travel long haul and then started moaning about the heat etc. We thought about going just the 2 of us and a few friends but I knew I would regret not having our families there. We also have a little girl who will be 5 when we get married so eventually decided on Cyprus as it would still be warm but not as far to travel. I was very annoyed at the time but am happy with my choice in Cyprus now.

I'll forward the report onto you now, hope it helps xx

• pedrouk2pedrouk2 Posts: 41
    Hello there, my wedding is four weeks today, and i feel soooo confused. I'm planning on having the sit down meal included, however the numbers concern me as i certainly don't want to be at a buffet restaurant, queueing for food. For a table at the restaurant i'd like the maximum is 10 or 12, but there are fifteen of us going. I am also concerned as to what we'll do after. I would have booked a room or cocktail party if there were more people but i think it will just end up being very low key after the meal.

I did buy the moon palace report from ebay which was very helpful. The lady who wrote it just had a meal then went into a bar for some drinks, very casual.

I'd love to hear how your plans are going. I'm at this awful stage of having all the main things sorted, but little bits like gifts, favours etc are doing my head in. xx
  • katieDNBkatieDNB Posts: 160
    I'm getting married at the moon place on the 18th nov this year, think we'll have a sit down meal then just go to the bar as there are only 9 of us goin......cocktails would be great though might look into that.

Nissi09- I'd love to read the report please could you e-mail to me at [email protected]

thank you.
  • MrsFarrell2bMrsFarrell2b Posts: 166
    I think the restaurants will reserve you a table for up to 50 guests! After looking at em's pics on the Mexico brides list we've decided on having our meal at the Brazilian restaurant as they have a terrace & there moto is.... "If you like meat, this is the place for you!" My dad & FIL are not into any "exotic" food so decided this would be the best place to go!

Afterwards I've no idea what to do as most of our guests are staying in other resorts so far we have 12 coming with only 4 staying at the MP. Was considering maybe the swing bar after the wedding - obviously before we'd had a few don't fancy falling off! But after that I don't know!

I'm hoping to get married on the beach - barefoot if the sands not too hot - only 42 weeks to go (6 weeks today!)

niss09 - could you forward that onto me too - [email protected]

xx
  • Hi girls,

I don't know what to do either, I am thinking about going into Cancun after the wedding as I just thought we'd all be eating at the hotel every other night, so would like to go out for the evening. I have heard cocobongos and senor frogs are both good places but we have 2 daughters who will be 1 & 2 at the time so I'm not sure if they will allow children, I know some places I have been abroad do but not sure on Mexico. Is anyone else thinking of going elsewhere?

Nissi09-could you email that to me too please? [email protected]

Thanks!

Hi cancun 09

My sisters had a look at Cocobongos at its apparently more of a nightclub than anything & don't let children in! Not sure about senor frogs though. I'm thinking we'll just have the meal & some drinks in one of the hotel bars as most guests are staying in different hotels so will be a change for them!

Also is anyone having a first dance?? I've heard that you don't get one unless you book a private reception!!!! But they might squeeze on in after the ceremony - but I'm getting married on the beach & don't know if thats possible.....?? eek

xx
  • Hi Everyone

I've not booked my wedding yet but plan to get married at The Moon Palace in May next year. We're just back from our holiday there and saw and few weddings and spoke to a few people. They all raved about how amazing their day was and how easy it was to plan. Can't wait to book so I have a date!!!

I'd be grateful if you could e-mail me the report you got - [email protected]

Cheers
  • Hi, My best friend got married at the Moon place there was 40ish guests. It is a lovely hotel.

She got married in a gazebo had a white horse and carriage to take her there and photos on the beach, the whole ceremony and setting was really pretty. Her reception was in the hotel. Which was ok (still lots of other hotel guests in the resturant) but we had a part sectioned off for us. I think if it had been my wedding i would have wanted to eat somewhere different to where i ate practically every other day. After the meal we had a private piano bar in the hotel which had a dance floor and really felt like it was a bit different to the rest of the hotel. She had a really memorable day. They couldn't afford a lot so i imagine if you pay for the extras (flowers etc) it could be even more amazing.

Wishing you all the most fantastic weddings!!! xx
    What is everyone else doing for their flowers & favors? I'm making my own silk gerbera bouquets & buttonholes to take with me! Think with regards to the favors I'm going to buy some beach themed photo albums to give to everyone!

Nissi09 - thanks for the report it was very informative but didn't really give you any ideas other than what she had done! We plan to marry on the beach & there was no information in it image

the rest of the detail about the airport & restaurants was great!

Thanks again!

I've just received the wording for the wedding ceremony at the MP - its beautiful! Its a bit long winded, I've simply copied & pasted hence the capitals, here goes......

IN THIS BEAUTIFUL PARADISE OF CANCUN, MUNICIPALITY OF BENITO JUAREZ, STATE OF QUINTANA ROO, MEXICO, WE ARE GATHER TO CELEBRATE THE CIVIL MARRIAGE OF (NOVIO: NAME AND CITIZENSHIP) AND (NOVIA: NAME AND CITIZENSHIP), YOUR WITNESSES ARE (NAMES AND CITIZENSHIP)

IN THIS ESPECIAL OCCASION YOU SHOULD RECALL THE MOMENTS WHEN YOU FIRST MET AND ALL THE EVENTS THAT MAKE YOU COME TO THIS PLACE AT THIS TIME.

YOU ARE HERE TODAY IN THE PRESENCE OF YOUR WITNESSES AN THOSE WHO ARE CLOSE TO YOU, TO AFIRM YOUR LOVE AND DEVOTION ONE TO ANOTHER.

WE ARE HERE TO JOIN THIS MAN AND THIS WOMAN IN THE BONDS OF MATRIMONY, YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A UNION THAT IS THE MOST CLOSE AND INTIMATE ONE, IT IS THE MOST PRECIOUS RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TO PEOPLE, FROM TODAY ON YOUR LIFES WILL BE GREATLY AFFECTED, WITH THIS VOWS YOU WILL ACCEPT A GREAT RESPONSIBILITY, YOUR ARE TRUSTING ONE TO ANOTHER YOUR SUCCESS AND HAPPYNESS FOR THE FUTURE TOGETHER; AN NOW IN ORDER TO LEGALIZE THIS MARRIAGE WE WILL SIGN THIS DOCUMENTS.

TO CONTINUE WITH THIS CEREMONY, I WILL SAY SOME VOWS TAKEN FROM A LETTER WRITTEN BY A MEXICAN PHILOSOPHER IN THE LAST CENTURY, SR. MELCHOR OCAMPO, HE WROTE THAT: MARRIAGE IS THE ONLY LEGAL WAY TO FOUND THE FAMILY, TO PRESERVE MANKIND, AN TO AVOID THE IMPERFECTIONS OF HUMAN BEINGS, WHO ARE ABLE TO GET THE PERFECTIONS OF HUMAN RACE IN THE CONYUGAL DUALITY.

MARRIED PEOPLE SHOULD BE, AND WILL BE, SACRED ONE TO EACH OTHER, MORE THAN TO THEMSELVES.

MAN AND WOMAN HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS, BUT THEIR RESPECTIVE OBLIGATIONS.

EACH ONE SHOULD HAVE AND WILL HAVE: RESPECT, FIDELITY, TRUST, TENDERNESS, AND LOVE, LOTS OF LOVE.

DO NOT FIGHT ONE WITH ANOTHER, USE YOUR HEAD INSTEAD OF YOUR HANDS TO CORRECT SOMETHING WRONG.

BOTH OF YOU SHOULD BE AWARE ON THE GREAT RESPONSABILITY OF BEING PARENTS OF FAMILY, BECAUSE YOU SHOULD PROVIDE YOUR CHILDREN WITH: ATTENTION, GOOD EXAMPLE, EDUCATION, RESPECT, FOOD AND LOVE. THEY SHOULD SEE IN YOU A WORTHY EXAMPLE TO FOLLOW DURING THE REST OF THEIR EXISTENCE.???????

FOR ALL THIS REASONS AND IN THE PRESENCE OF YOUR WITNESSES I ASK YOU (NOVIO) WILL YOU HAVE THIS WOMAN TO BE YOUR LAWFULL WEDED WIFE TO LIVE TOGETHER IN THE ORDINANCES AND THE STATE OF MATRIMONY, TO HONOR AND LOVE HER, FOR SICKNESS OR HEALTH, AND KEEPING YOU ONLY OWN TO HER FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

(NOVIA) WILL YOU HAVE THIS MAN TO BE YOUR LAWFULL WEDED HUSBAND TO LIVE TOGETHER IN THE ORDINANCES AND THE STATE OF MATRIMONY, TO HONOR AND LOVE HIM, FOR SICKNESS OR HEALTH, AND KEEPING YOU ONLY OWN TO HIM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

- IN THIS SIGNFICANT MOMENT YOU WILL INTERCHANGE YOUR WEEDING RINGS AND SAY YOUR OWN VOWS ONE TO ANOTHER.

SO ON BEHALF OF THE LAW AND THE SOCIETY AND WITH THE AUTHORITY GRANTED TO ME BY THE MUNICIPALTY OF BENITO JUAREZ, IN THIS BEAUTIFUL PARADISE OF CANCUN, I DECLARE YOU HUSBAND AND WIFE.

CONGRATULATIONS! AND YOU MAY KISS THE BRIDE!

• katieDNBkatieDNB Posts: 160
    Mrs Farrell2b thank you so much for posting the vows, i'm sat her at work nearly in tears there so lovely.
  • Nicki78ukNicki78uk Posts: 22
    Hi all

I'm getting married at Moon Palace on 12th March 2009 - it seems ages away but will come around very quickly - i actually bought my dress on Saturday - it's all so exciting.

As for after the wedding I had the same thoughts - what happens after the meal? I only have a few people coming so I suspect we will just have a chilled evening but it will seem slightly strange.

Nissi09 - i would love to receive the document if that's OK. My email is [email protected]

xxx
    Miss V - I nearly cried too they are so beautiful & I know I'm going to cry on the day, I best get some waterproof mascara hehe!

Nicki78 - we don't have that many people coming either so I'm not sure exactly what to do either do you have any children coming to your wedding???
    There are no children so I guess the world is our oyster in that sense.

By the way do you how everything works in terms of documentation if you're getting married in Mexico? Do Moon Palace pretty much take care of everything i.e. translation etc?

Nicki78 - all you need to get is your birth certificates & decree absolutes sent to the foreign ffice for them to authorise - then as far as I'm aware they translate it in Mexico I'll let you know in August!!! x
    ooh - just one more question - are you going with First Choice. Do they offer anything in terms of allowing you to place your wedding dress somewhere safe. I'm so worried about just taking it on normally - it would be a disaster if it got lost!!

Some airlines allow you to place it in their coat cupboard for safe keeping - and also to prevent creasing!!

xxx
    Mrs Farrell 2B, Thankyou so much for posting the wording. I'm all teary eyed, and excited! I feel i should add a bit of my own, but really don't know when i'll have the time to write anything. The time is going so quick.

I'm just taking lottery tickets with our wedding date on (luckily its a wednesday) as favours, in pretty little thankyou cards. Also putting mini tequila bottles out for the adults. I'm paying for the flowers over there as i adore real flowers and wouldn't have anything else. I know they seem expensive but looking at pictures they are beautiful. I wanted to get evryone a small gift instead of favours as there aren't too many going, but H2B told me to stop spending too much money!

I'm starting to plan my packing, and i'm really scared everything isn't going to fit! xxx
    Pedro - how long is it till your wedding now? & who are you flying with?

Nicki78 - I'm flying with Thomas Cook & they have the smallest hand luggage sizes of anyone & they won't allow you to take your dress on board unless it meets with their stingy hand luggage sizes! Luckily we get an extra suitcase for our wedding attire that gets put in with the buggies & things in the hold & I've been assured this part is always the first part off the plane! I'd check with your tour operater & get them to ring the airline for you to check!

Good luck xxx
  • Nissi09-Thankyou for sending me that report it had a lot of useful info in it! Managed to kick my h2b up the bum and inspire him after he read it!!! It got him to order his birth certificate that I'd been asking him to do for 2 months image

Nicki78-We are getting married on the same day! I thought I had written that post at first and couldn't remember writing it, I just saw the date and thought it was me (blonde moment) Anyway, we are getting married at 4, how about you? x
    Mrs Farrell 2B, i get married 3 weeks tomorrow, and fly out the 21st, so not long. I go with Thomsons and am planning on taking my dress in a small case as hand luggage. I was happy with using an extra suitcase for all the wedding things, until i read other brides were so worried about putting their dress in the hold. To say i'm a tad confused at the minute is an understatement! xx
    Cancun09 - we're getting married at 2:00pm - so it will be pretty hot at that time (fingers crossed). I tried to get 4:00 or 5:00 but people get in there pretty quickly - i assumed it was because no-one wants to get married the following day - Friday 13th!!!

How funny though that we're getting married the same day - it's a small world!!

Nissi09 - thanks so much for the document - it's really helpful.

xxx
  • Nicki78 - I'm not sure if they actually do 5 or 6 pm weddings at that time of year because when I looked on the palace resorts website all of the dates around ours that I looked at said 5 & 6 were unavailiable. Maybe because it gets dark earlier in March???? I didn't actually request the time, I was just told it was 4 when I emailed the hotel. Yeah, that's probably true about Friday 13th, when they asked what date I wanted I did say "not Friday 13th". When do you fly out? We are flying on the 4th. Seems ages away at the moment!
    pedro - I'd prefer to take my dress on board so I know exactly where it is & won't spend the entire flight panicking! Have you bought everything you need??? & What extra's are you having?

Cancun09 - We are flying out on Saturday 7th March and staying there for two weeks. I already can't wait (especially with the awful weather we're having) but it is still 246 days away.

The only thing I've actually done so far is buy my dress - a girl has to prioritiseimage

xxx
  • I know what you mean, it's meant to be July and it looks like December out the window, this is exactly why we're going to Mexico!

Yeah, that sounds like me, that's all I've done so far too, I went to buy my dress as soon as we booked, but as for everything else, I don't have a clue what we are doing, we've got 2 daughters the oldest will be 2 and a half & the youngest will be 14 months so we are going to wait until closer to the time for their dresses as they are growing so fast. I'm not the most organised of people though at the best of times! Suppose I better get on to the boring bits like apostile things, it all seems a bit confusing, I'm scared I'm gonna forget something with the paperwork.

I know what you mean about the paperwork - I'm concerned I'll forget something too.

The other thing i was curious about is the actual wedding certificate as I know it's issued in Spanish.

MrsFarrell2B - have they explained what you have to do to get it legally translated - do they do it for you or do you have to arrange to get in done once you're back in the UK?

xxx
  • I don't know if anyone goes on this website but this link is quite good, the people on there are mostly American so some of the things they talk about are irrelevant to us but there are some good photos of people who have got married at Moon Palace and they seem to know quite a lot of info!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t21569