Template for stat dec/affidavit Cyprus. Copy and paste this.

Hopefully this will help some of the girls on here. If you copy it you should be able to post it onto a word document. Don't forget to type in the details of name etc as they may not accept it otherwise.

Please note this is for people who haven't been married before:

STATUTORY DECLARATION

I................................................of..................................................

DO SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE as follows:

1. I was born on the...................... and am a British Citizen

2. My religion is...............................

3. My occupation is...........................

4. My passport number is ...........................

I declare that I am single and free to contract to marriage according to the legal requirements in Cyprus and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835

Declared at ...............................................................................

Signed.................................. Solicitor Signature..................................

Date...................................... Date...................................................

Solicitors Stamp

Hope this helps someone,

Kate xxx

• kazbaldskazbalds Posts: 75
    I've saved this! Thanks very much, thats very helpful of you X
  • andreahulmeandreahulme Posts: 193
    We are getting married by registrar in a Cyprus hotel next year so thanks so much for this. Dont know if you could help me with a few Q's.

Would the top line be I (my name) of (united Kingdom)?

I was Baptised/Confirmed a Catholic but have in no way associated myself with any religion since I was 16 and finally had the choice! Would it be acceptable to write 'My religion is atheist'? (I am guessing we dont have to be part of a religion to be eligible in Cyprus?)

Any help much appreciated!

many thanks

Ange

• mistreymistrey Posts: 294
    hi Ange,

I don't really know if you could put atheist as your religion. Personally I would ust put in what I was baptised as. But thats just my own opinion. It would probably be worth emailing Kerry at www.Aisleoflove.co.uk and asking her.

love Kate xxx
  • andreahulmeandreahulme Posts: 193
    Thanks!

I've got a while yet anyway so guess I can double check with the registrar nearer the time.

• I love uI love u Posts: 1

Hello Kate. I see you said it will help some of you firls, but will it be ok for men too? Thank you xx