transport of dress

Im getting married in Florida 2009 can anyone give me advice on how they are getting their dresses on the plane my dress is not slim but not huge either , we are traveling with travel city and they have new XL planes next year so cant tell me to much till Jan just now they are saying i wll have to put it in a suit case in the hold?????????????Pleas help its really stressin me. xx:\?:\?image

• RosapennyRosapenny Posts: 4,249
    Hi Golden2,

I got married 3 weeks ago in Florida and took my dress with me in the suitcase, it was fine and travelled really well and I had a huge dress, on the return I put it into a box and again had no problems.
  • kenzie2ukkenzie2uk Posts: 373
    Im using a lovely box from the emptyboxcompany you can take them ion the plane with you to fit in the over head lockers rather than risking them in the hold x
  • LittleboboukLittlebobouk Posts: 5,369
    Im the same as Kenzie this weekend i am actually packing everything and the dress will go into 'the' box GULP !
  • Ali2308Ali2308 Posts: 83
    I've also got a box from the emptyboxcompany but it's arrived and now i'm worried the dress won't fit - it's quite big (but not merigue) just a few layers - will it fit?? When I look at the box and tremember the dress (have my first fitting this week) I can't see how it can fit...starting to panic a little...