Weddings in Tuscany

Hi everyone

I am fresh to this chatroom today, and my partner and I are planning to get married in Tuscany in September 2010. we are gathering venue & wedding planner details so that we can go off to italy after Christmas to book something.

We are having 50 guests and are looking for an intimate castle, or country house, so would love to hear from anyone who is about to, or has got married in the Tuscany region - especially Florence, Chianti and montepulciano areas.

Many thanks!

• panettone13panettone13 Posts: 378
    Hi Bluebell20,

Have a look at this link. We visited this place this May and it was beautiful. Panoramic views of Tuscany. It's close to Pisa. The owner will organise everything for you so no need to use a wedding planner. She was vvv helpful and kind. In the end we didn't go for it because we had a preference for Umbria (little bit different). It's not very grand but a simple rustic farmhouse with modern interiors. You would get married in a local town hall/church.

http://www.agriturismo.net/casciana-terme-505/photo-gallery_eng.html

There are lots of these kind of places in Tuscany.

• laurau123laurau123 Posts: 10
    We are getting married in Aug 09.

www.villabordoni.com. Looks great and lovely family and menus. 95 euros for 5 course meal inc wine. Sounds cheap but food is amazing as just stayed there. Also look at Castello Di Velona. We are considering this also, completely different vibe, but more stunning location, where we got engaged. Certaldo Alto for a civil ceremony. I have a wedding planner but getting another quote as so expensive. Im really struggling getting a hairdresser or make up person!
  • mandabelukmandabeluk Posts: 111
    Hi

I'm getting married in Siena next August at the Town Hall which is amazing.

We've opted for a Relais call Borgo Scopeto - www.borgoscopetorelais.it as it simply takes your breath away on the drive up!

We also visited two other venues which are equally as stunning, Castello di Gargonza and Castello di Tornano.

We're using Elizas for coordinating the wedding and she is extremely helpful and costs around £2000 for her expertise!