is everyone having bridesmaids?

are all you ladies getting married abroad having bridesmaids? i guess it all depends on who can afford to come to the wedding really doesn't it!

• donna24577donna24577 Posts: 2,906
    Yes i am having 3, my sister, my niece and my best mate who now lives in australia. All three are coming to the wedding, alothough when i ahve the return reception i will lose a bridesmaid
  • vickiexxvickiexx Posts: 273
    I'm having one, my sistr and her daughter is to be a flower girl and my son is a page boy xx
  • zoefukzoefuk Posts: 273
    I'm having my two young sisters as bridesmaids funny thing is they are both taller than me. x
  • LittleboboukLittlebobouk Posts: 5,369
    I am having 4 bm's and 1 flower girl xx
  • melanierice1melanierice1 Posts: 1,966
    I'm not having any - just couldn't decide who to have so this was the easiest thing to do. H2B's neice is wearing a flower girl dress and that's about it.
  • im having four close friends as bridesmaids, and my son and h2b's nephew as paigeboys lol it feels a bit overboard now but all my friends wanted to attend and i felt i couldnt choose one and not the other as they are all close!

love maria xx
  • im having four close friends as bridesmaids, and my son and h2b's nephew as paigeboys lol it feels a bit overboard now but all my friends wanted to attend and i felt i couldnt choose one and not the other as they are all close!

love maria xx
  • I'm just having the one, our 15 year old daughter. But then again we are having a small wedding with only 6 of us altogether. x
  • surlousurlou Posts: 165
    No bridesmaids for me - couldn't really decide, and didn't really want the hassle.
  • Helen22ukHelen22uk Posts: 156
    I am having four bridesmaids, my sister, two cousins and my h2bs cousin. 4 does seem alot but i wanted to make them all feel special and involved as they are all making the effort to come with us.
  • Hi,

Im having 4........My best friend as chief, 3 youngers ones.......aged 10, and 2 x 5year olds.....

Caroline xx
  • jomarch50jomarch50 Posts: 630
    I'm probably not having any... I live abroad so getting eveyone something to wear would be a mad dash in the few days before they arrive. I also didn't want anyone to feel obliged to come as we live in (and are getting married in) Bangkok and its expensive for anyone who is coming out for the wedding.

I was going to ask a cousin because there is absolutly no worry about money because her father is incredibly wealthy - however, I needed my Aunt & Uncle to tell me they were coming first because I didn't want to assume anything. My Aunt has just told me that she's booked an amazing holiday in Antiga for the three of them plus another 11 year old cousin and as a result they can't come to my wedding because he has no annual leave left. In the next breath she tells me how much my cousin would love to be my bridesmaid - I'm so glad I didn't say anything although my mother is furious.
  • becktorrbecktorr Posts: 711
    i'm having 1, my sil2b. was having 3 before we decided to marry abroad. also having 2 sons as page boys
  • sarahpikesarahpike Posts: 115
    I'm not having any, I'm worried enough about getting my dress there without having to worry about any more!!
  • I am having a lots ........ my sis matron of honour my 2 best friends, 3 liitle ones and 3 little pageboys just hope they all behave especially my sisters 2 year old son!!!
  • Hi we are having 2bm 1flower girl and 1 pageboy.

The bm are my sisters and the flowergirl and pageboy are my son and daughter who will be 4 and 18months.
  • MUMMYAMUMMYA Posts: 557
    Im having 2 my sil2b and best mate I've know her 15 years, I was going to ask my other best mate but felt I was losing the intimate wedding we wanted its been a tough decision though.
  • I am not having any brides maids, as we are having our ceremony in Shinalese the local language in Sri Lanka it will not really be a traditional wedding so we decided not to, we are having a best man though - moral support and all that, weddings must be a bit weird for fellas, us ladies always dream of the dress and the big day etc!

Annette - we also wanted an intimate wedding, just very close family and friends in beautiful surroundings, something that would be just that extra bit special for H2B and I, can't wait we are really looking forward to it in March...
  • No bridesmaids for us! Im having enough trouble deciding which caribbean island to go to and what resort to get married at. We are only going to have a maximum of 8 people going with us anyway as everyone is paying for themselves! I dont think bridemaids are a must, unless you are shipping the entire family with you, and its one less thing to worry about!!